The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Op art !! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Where is the limit for changes?
Some seem to argue that any change has to be authorized by the illusion builder.
Others see it more relaxed.
I understand, that changes, which make the illusion less deceptive are wrong, but even the term "deceptive" seems to have very different definitions from magician to magician (as we see in this thread).
What does a magician really buy, when he buys an illusion and what kind of limitations does he buy as well?
Are these details cleary stated in contractual terms or is it more a personal opinion what could be allowed to change and what not?

Regards
Richard
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Falconer: I agree in many points, but
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 06:18, Falconer wrote:
In the specific case of the OP-ART I believe that improvements can arise despite the original being excellent in decptiveness. Of course, in this rip-off is debatable the deception.

You can trust me: This is no definetly no improvement in deceptiveness. It's a big step backward! An illusion, that is no illusion any more (as the secret is given away) can't be an improvement. (And here it is not about a taste of design.) It's about beeing a masked magician already during the show.

Dixie: It's no discussion about a taste of deceptiveness. It's about total failure in the secret aspect (as beeing directly seen) or a good chance of beeing a big secret. It's like using a metamorposis and letting all view from the top downwards: There won't be a discussion on the deceptiveness of a design.

As I see - some here didn't get the deciding thing. Sorry - as it is an open forum I can't tell, why the one is surely giving everything away for the most viewer (and has only a chance of beeing a secret for some viewers in a certain angle - like in this case the camera angle). I guess the reason you don't get the problem is: You saw this special angle and are now affected by this.
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
Steve,

Get a trailer! You know you want one... (The Op Art that is, not the trailer) lol...

MJ
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You're killing me .. but, a trailer is out of the question. I've got no where to park one .. and the way things are going right now, all the big stuff is collecting dust right now.

Apparently the prop in question is a knock-off and that's sad to hear. Sometimes it's very hard to tell w/ just a simple clip online. The dimensions and graphics are very close. I've only played with the prop so, I don't know it inside and out.

Steve
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I started the post with a question .. and I was not sure about the answer but now I'm with joy joy 100% I know the answer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Op art !! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL