The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » See thru silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Hey I'm curious as to where I can buy see-thru silks, if that is the name for them.

I want to do a coin thru silk routine using one, but I can't find an online magic shop that has them.

They MUST exist in commercial form, otherwise how do people do the Ammar routine?

Any help would be appreciated!

Brad
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Tom Trix
View Profile
Regular user
Copenhagen,Denmark
113 Posts

Profile of Tom Trix
BradleyNott !
Buy a set of Juggling Scarfs from Hank Lee. There are three see-thru nylon scarves in different colors in a package.

Tom Trix
There is no business like Showbusiness.
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
They used to be available from Michael Ammar's site. Smile
Wallace B
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
444 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I bought a pair of juggling silks but they seemed too small to do the coins through silk with. The silk Ammar uses is huge. I finally got one Ammar uses from Ammar.
Check out his site.
Shawn
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I think Michael Ammar sells them and Petrick has a routine using three with moving knots. If you need them worse than you need a bargain, they are sold as juggling silks with a juggling course at the major bookstores. I strongly recommend the Petrick routine with the silks and it gives you a reason for having them to use for the coin routine. Linking tricks is always a problem.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I got a set of sheer women's scarves at J.C. Penney. They come in all different colors, and are perfect for the above routine.

Happy Holidays!

Doug
magicbear
View Profile
New user
Bellevue, Washington
66 Posts

Profile of magicbear
Nate Kranzo sells them online at http://www.nathankranzo.com/merchandise.html. Hope that helps.

Happy New Year everyone. Smile

Hugh
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Try any women's accessory department/shop. Look around the ladies' hats and purses...scarves should be around there. You might also find some very interesting patterns in the see thru designs. I got a sheer off-white scarf with gold moons and stars on it. A friend who does a wizard type routine wanted to buy that scarf from me. I should have sold it to him, but at the time, it was an important part of a routine I was working on. Also, a women's department store scarf might be a little less expensive than buying a "magician's see thru silk."

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I remember I saw Petrik and Mya (mia? I can't remember Smile) Anyways, The scarfs were expensive and I never picked them up but found I needed them once I got home I had a mess of ideas and scarfs that I didn't have. Anyways I ended up picking mine up at like walmart or something as lady scarfs, but I've had mine for ages and they are finally wearing out now. That reminds me that I should pick up some new ones soon...
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2849 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks Magic Bear! The link wasn't good though. Smile

Here ya go!

http://www.nathankranzo.com/merchandise.html

Happy New Year!

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Cool, thanks.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
I just bought three of them at Wal-mart---for $1.86 each. They are just ladies headscarves---they used to be only .86---I guess all the Ammar fans drove the price up!---ha!------
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22173 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Since the "death" of the "5 and dime" store. We have to look to Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. for our props.

If you want really nice silk, go to High end Ladies dress shops and department stores. I have seen some really nice designed silks in these type of stores.

In Ammar early book he mention that the scarf was from such an in-expensive store as Wal-Mart.

Just go shopping and you will find!

Bill Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sometimes, another source of these very budget priced items is Big Lots.

Don't over look flea markets, yard sales and thrift stores for out-of-vogue scarves and those with the old rolled hems.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » See thru silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL