The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for utility device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I'm looking for a small purse that has a single slit across the top (not a clasp), and it can be used to switch bills put inside it, for one already loaded in the purse. I've been searching high and low and can't seem to find it.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Are you talking about the purses with spring steel in the opening? http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHER-Squeeze-......c0d94bae With a TT, it would be easy to switch the bill. Even without a TT, it would be easy.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Hi Alan,

Yes, it looks just like that, though I'm guessing it functions more like a change bag in that a bill can be folded up and put inside it, and then when closed, it can be re-opened with the other side opened with the switch bill taken out. Much like one of those two sided envelopes used much like Ted Leslie.

If anyone knows where these can be found let me know.

All the best,

JoJo
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Where did you see such a coin purse? I have never seen or heard of such a leather coin purse. Did you actually know of this in existence or is this something you desire being available?

As much information you can give us will help us help you. Coin purses are generally used for coins not bills. So your request does not seem logical.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I like the idea of that.if they
make it I want one.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
There is indeed such a purse - expertly produced by John B. Born of New York. It doesn't have a slit BUT the clasp is hidden inside.

Here you go:

http://www.magician-newyorkcity.com/products_change.html

It's one of the best utility accessories that I've bought in many years - unreservedly recommended; and worth every penny.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

I have seen one being used in performance, and this is why I've been asking about one. I didn't mention anything about changing coins. I would want something to use for changing bills and billets etc.

Just a very subtle utility to use to make things easier for myself.

Thanks for the help everybody. Keep it coming if you have more.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2011-12-04 10:06, Merc Man wrote:
There is indeed such a purse - expertly produced by John B. Born of New York. It doesn't have a slit BUT the clasp is hidden inside.

Here you go:

http://www.magician-newyorkcity.com/products_change.html

It's one of the best utility accessories that I've bought in many years - unreservedly recommended; and worth every penny.

Mer Man, thank you for sharing that link. It looks like a deadly prop to have.

Clarke
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Nice product. Great name. I wish it was just a little bit larger.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Judging by the description in the link to the Born website, if it is what I think it is, I came up with a similar prop a while back that I build for myself using a larger Onosaka clasp-type purse. My version is probably different than his.

As for the spring steel purse in the link provided by Alan, I am sure you can make in insert to go inside of one of them. It would sit flush with the hem on the inside, just under the edge where the steel piece is. Think along the lines of a very simple (read: very rudimentary) c***ge bag made with three panels of cloth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Looking for utility device (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL