The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANALYSIS By Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 12:04, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 11:13, GeneTony wrote:
Very, very nice.

- Simple to do. No skill needed.
- No setup time.
- You do need to carry something with you (not a big deal).
- Completely gimmick-free.
- Can't be done with a borrowed deck, unless it meets certain criteria.
- Spec has complete freedom of card selection.
- Spec can shuffle all they want.
- No memorizing.
- No stacking.
- No sleights.
- Liberal angles, but can't be surrounded.

All true, and IMO, you will like the method employed.
It cannot be easier to do.
I would probably do a few card effects, then hand them the deck.
The rest is a piece of cake..nice...

Good!

So, that means Rus Andrews has been honest to a T in his description. Smile

I appreciate that, but those conditions - especially the BOLD one - make me even more convinced that the method employed is one of those two old ones I mentioned in my post above.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
                    Whenever I read an advertisement, I'm always looking deep into them to see if there js a play in words, a stretch of the truth for example. Well I must admit that when Rus states a different card every time, it is. When he states no force and no sleights, there are none. When he states the spectator does all the work, all the shuffling, they do. When he states you never touch the deck or peek, in fact can be out if the room during the shuffling and selection of any card, well this too is true. So I ask myself really? Yes really. There is something you must do once the card is selected and either being shown around or signed but even a novice will have no issue with this as the routining takes care of it in a logical sequence. The spectator returns their selection into tne deck and again shuffle until they are content. The funny thing for me at least is that you never know the card selected until you do the reveal of it. Rus shares a few reveal ideas but like all card revels, there are unlimited ways to do this. Gambing theme, mind control, coincidence and on and on. After I read through this effect and the method, like most ideas that do not require props, electrical circuitry etc, I immediately think, why did I not think if this? It must be out there already no? I have to say that this idea like all good simple ideas, I have not seen used like this before. The effect is simple, the spectator should find it impossible as there has never been a fairer handling of cards by them and not you including the selection. Plus you never touch the deck until they are done shuffling then freely remove their card. This is what they will remember because this is exactly what happens without you having to manipulate words during the recap. I'm guessing this idea is going to spark many ideas and open the flood gates for much further development. As is stands, it already is a very good effect as is and the price is minimal for a fine effect. If you are looking for what appears to be an entirely hands off effect without crimps, controls and verbal gymnastics then this is it.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I agree with rizzo. All is as it states. Nice little project. Will be used by many. ..even loth.

Many ways to use this as well to blow people away.

J
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2011-12-01 14:47, johncesta wrote:
Nice little project. Will be used by many. ..even loth.

Cesta, if the method is the one I believe, I was already using it before you learned to walk... (assuming that now you have learned to walk) Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ha Ha Love this. Another winner Russ, well done mate.
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
Loving the dj shadow music used in the video. Love the look of the effect too. Simple & unfussy. Leaves you free to ham it up however you like. deffinately going to get this. I mean £5?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

All the best

R
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Been having a lot of fun with Analysis. If there is anyone who has not had a chance to check this out then you really should. This is a very strong utility effect that can be used in an endless variety of routines. It is an extremely powerful tool.

It might be worth mentioning that you could do this with more than one card. Imagine being able to have a few different spectators select a card, have each one return their card and shuffle the deck thoroughly before ever even handing it back to you. Then in a matter of moments you can find all their cards. Or control the however you want for whatever routine you have in mind. the possibilities are endless!!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've had this for a few days now and am a bit late with putting my two penn'orth in.

I've had a fair bit of Russ' stuff and this is as clever as his others.
Of all his recent releases this is the one that will get a place in my repertoire first.

It really does exactly what it says on the tin.
No double speak in this ad copy. Just good honest truth

Steve
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Blimey Rizzo! Ever heard of paragraphs? Gave me a brain strain reading that Smile

I was lucky to receive a review copy too and will share my thoughts in a day or so. Lookimg forward to it too judging by some of the feedback!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Roger sorry about that LOL. iPad not the easiest way to type out on here so if I have a headache typing it, then you have one reading it, that's fair no? Ha
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-12-04 11:11, Rizzo wrote:
Roger sorry about that LOL. iPad not the easiest way to type out on here so if I have a headache typing it, then you have one reading it, that's fair no? Ha

See if you can get the SwiftKey thumb keyboard for your pad. Great easy to use keyboard.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
I've finally found the time to sit down and have a good read of this.

I made a funny sound when I read the method, something like this "Awwhwwhhh!" Translated in to english, I was trying to say "Ah, that's a cool method... actually, this has potential!"

The method really does allow for someone to have the deck and take out any card, replace it back in and then you can locate the card easily and quickly. It's more of a tool, IMO than an effect. This can lead in to so many routines, it would add to them, allow them to become more baffling.

Overall, this is great "tool" that you can add in to your card routines straight away. Again, another work horse from Rus.

Lloyd
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I agree - this is a neat effect from Rus and one of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" moments.

Deffo worth the investment!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
And again thanks roger

R
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Is this still available, can't see it on the website?
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Anybody know?!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ANALYSIS By Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL