The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding fun magic for bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
I work for a bar and have had the opportunity to do a few tricks behind the bar. In fact, I only really do two or three. I've done some card tricks, as well as some ball tricks and a chop cup routine.

I'm looking for good effects for behind the bar. One I am considering is Fraud by Daniel Garcia. In this illusion, a treasury seal of a dollar bill is apparently pulled in one full movement from one end of the bill to the other.

If anyone has anything that they think works, and involves a stage that can be provided by the bar (in other words the scale of the props or effect) please post.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Jiggernaut by Mark Jenest is perfect for a bar.

Egg bag with a shot surprise load.

Good luck.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Do the floating glass while a drink is being poured into it. On the stage perform Multiplying Bottles. There are ways you can make a champagne bottle appear from underneath a silk.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5456 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Invest in this prop if you can find it, which will last forever, and then go out and learn a great chop cup routine:
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/close-u......5952.htm

I also agree that Jiggernaut is a wonderful, affordable, and very do-able trick.

One of my favorite bar effects I found in Joshua Jay's Magic book DVD, where he chalks up his finger like a pool cue, and pretends to shoot an impossible, invisible pool shot into a spectator's chosen, closed fist. Inside her or his fist is a chalk mark.

Oldie but a goodie.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Any good bill switch would be nice.
and maybe a coin matrix.
todd
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Anniversary Waltz for those times when you have couples.

Pen/Pencil thru Quarter
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
Wow, this is great, thanks guys.

Just listening to the suggestions, the bill switch is the most interesting to me. I like that cup, Wizard. It looks affordable and long lasting. Also, that pool cue idea is great.

Alright, thanks, great suggestions and it looks like I'm going to have to start picking up some literature.

~Nick
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 21:06, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Invest in this prop if you can find it, which will last forever, and then go out and learn a great chop cup routine:
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/close-u......5952.htm

I also agree that Jiggernaut is a wonderful, affordable, and very do-able trick.

One of my favorite bar effects I found in Joshua Jay's Magic book DVD, where he chalks up his finger like a pool cue, and pretends to shoot an impossible, invisible pool shot into a spectator's chosen, closed fist. Inside her or his fist is a chalk mark.

Oldie but a goodie.

I second the Roger Nicot Chop Cup.

If Bar Magic is your special thing, you will regret not getting one or more of the Nicot Cups.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
briancharles1002
View Profile
New user
SC
51 Posts

Profile of briancharles1002
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and you can do all kinds of fun stuff with their change.
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Eddie Gibson's coin unique could be performed with customer's change...

http://youtu.be/YAu-hSUMGhg?t=13m26s OR http://bcove.me/nms5ouch (skip to 5m 10s)

Just switch the gimmicked coins in and out behind the bar Smile

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Quote:
On 2011-12-02 16:15, *double-A-magic* wrote:
Eddie Gibson's coin unique could be performed with customer's change...

http://youtu.be/YAu-hSUMGhg?t=13m26s OR http://bcove.me/nms5ouch (skip to 5m 10s)

Just switch the gimmicked coins in and out behind the bar Smile

AA

Also this effect can be done by placing both coins under an upturned glass, the glass is swirled and the coins appear to morph together. When you raise the glass one of the coins has completely dissapeared! Rwally impressive visual magic.

May be more suited to a bar environment plus it's a much 'safer' method than the one in the hands!

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Jon Tremaine's Superman, it's been my favorite impromptu trick for years. It uses only 3 ball made from foil in cigarette packs. Richard Osterlind's spoon bending routine. There are many good match routines, that will play well in a bar.
Chink-a-chink, cigarette magic, coin magic, Paul Harris' Fizzmaster (impromptu using 2 soda cans), Nightshades...
A bar has so much potential, because of all the "equipment" just lying around.
DPWO
View Profile
New user
Appleton WI
35 Posts

Profile of DPWO
Jiggernaut, nightshades
DPWO
View Profile
New user
Appleton WI
35 Posts

Profile of DPWO
Oh and branded
jasonmcconnie
View Profile
New user
canada
58 Posts

Profile of jasonmcconnie
Set yourself up for some reel levitation. Make sure the lighting is right though.
karlito
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of karlito
Get yourself a pk ring and perform prohibition
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5456 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I just picked this up from Mark at the Columbus Magifest today...
http://www.jbtvusa.com/latest-j-b-produc......-696.php
Un-frickin' believable. Worth every cent.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I do magic at a local winery and Double Deception by Mark Mason has been very strong. Stand Up Monte and Prohibition also seem perfect for the bar setting.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
You should definitely check out Doc Eason, who is a very famous "bar magician". Good luck.
HenrikHyldig
View Profile
New user
From the land of Denmark I bring you
71 Posts

Profile of HenrikHyldig
I have also worked a lot in a bar, I found that "Michael Maxwell's Incredible magic at the bar "made easy" (Vol 1-5) where great to help find a few tricks with things you often have in a bar. The dvd's are filmed at a "Bar with Michael Maxwell behind the disk, and doing almost surrounded magic. some are gimmick tricks some are impromptu, some cards tricks, and some simply use a salt shaker and a toothpick, ore a bar napkin. so check them out.
-o- Henrik Hyldig -o-

()()
('.') < My magic bunny (Be careful! He bites)
(")(")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding fun magic for bar (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL