The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding fun magic for bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Hmmm maybe try looking at the question differently

Help finding fun magic for bar ... or ....

Help finding fun magic

Consider the props you have at hand behind a bar and how can you make them work in a sensible (while amazing and entertaining) fashion

You have money, fluids, fruits, garnishes, olives, onions, bottles, bar rags (sorry I don't know the proper term), credit cards, paper, pen, lighting and depending on where you bartend cigarettes and lighters and more

What can you do with those items? The magic will be organic if you use the items at hand and can seem more natural. Consider the "why" ... hands full? What can you float? and so on .....

Consider just "letting" the first piece of magic happen to draw your patrons in

Does the bar have an interesting history, colorful charters who came in? If not make them up

Introducing a deck of cards would be ok too if you are the "magic" bartender. As stated Anniversary Waltz is a nice effect if you have time and a cute couple (cute can be any age), can I please suggest you ask the couple to write the date on the card as well as signing it? Makes it more memorable/personable

I'm thinking bill to lemon/lime (even if your fruit is cut up already), producing bottles, impromptu cups and balls with shot glasses and olives ... yeah, yeah .. there was a guy who used to come in the bar who showed you that, about distraction and deception ... but you could never catch him ......
(your stories which will be much better than anything I could ever suggest as I am not there, don't know your bar or patrons)

Also look to the great magicians who worked bars Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, Tom Mullica and on and on
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Help finding fun magic for bar (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL