The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I don't usually respond to some 'dispute' but this has given me some itches. For someone who doesn't even have or like it, Chad has too much to say, to be honest.

What you mentioned are from performer's perspective which many always try to find the easiest and simplest moves or motivation to avoid scrutiny attention from audience or moves that might raise questions. While from their perspective (while they're watching a performer using Extractor or Real Steal), both will offer a very fair move.

Take a card, sign it well, push it back into the deck. That's it. They don't have to know if your jacket actually has 20 other decks or if the deck itself has a hidden device. They won't even know why you have to spread, fan, or put the deck into the box. Why not slide the card into the deck THEN put the whole deck into the box, etc, etc.

Motivation is a silent language IMHO, so you don't need to throw thousands of question why such effect needs some specific movement, etc. Heck, you can even ask them to slide their signed card upside down if ya like. It won't matter. However, if they do ask why you have to keep holding the deck or why you have to fan or spread the deck, then the mistake doesn't belong to the prop or its creator, it's simply a poor executed motivation or presentation.

Not trying to call you a bad performer, etc, but sometimes many of us here keep asking question, and keep worrying if such motivated movements will raise questions from our audience. For me, both Extractor and Real Steal will give a very fair steps in getting a climax for a routine. ACR with CTW is my fave routine (FYI I'm not a working magician, simply just a teacher who loves doing some card tricks for students sometimes), and I find out the simple method with simple steps are the easiest but yet able to deliver a strong reaction.

I'm planning to get Real Steal and hopefully I can use it to its fullest capability.

Just my 2 cents.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
jayres
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jayres
Just got my TRS and I also agree with what has been said. What an intelligent approach. Well done Tony. On another note, I had a question about one of Tony's other products so I sent him a PM. He asked me for my phone # and called me so he could better help me! That's what I call service!! And to top it off, Tony is great guy to talk to. Thanks for the help and happy holidays.

Jay
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok, for those who are interested, ... Drumroll please... TWO new vids are up... One shows you how to do real Steal without a jacket.

Enjoy

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Where are they Tony? Tried to find them on the website but... Smile
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Tips 1 and Tips 2

They are there! I promise!

In fact I am looking and I see others have watched them!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
And the last of the custom deck orders will go out today. So any comments on the using it without a jacket stuff?

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok... I am reupped on decks both red and blue plus dragon decks.

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Just did an interesting custom deck... A Tarot... I was dubious at first... But it works fine!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just got this Friday and it is fantastic. Tony is such a great thinker. This is one of those ideas that is so elegant, you will slap yourself for not thinking of it. The skill level is easy to VERY easy. I had an Extractor, then it got crushed. This will last a long time. The same as a regular deck. What I love is, they push the card into the card boxed deck and close the box.
Tony, you are a genius. As soon as the ox is inyour pocket you have the card out.
Elegant and brilliant!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3622 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've finally had a chance to play with this. I was the one that forced Tony to search for the Dragon Backs at Target and they look great. I haven't battled through the 3 pages of this thread so I'm sure I'm repeating a lot of what has been said, but this thing is great. I love Extractor, but this is just a much simpler and more economical sollution...and it happens to be cleaner in operation IMO. Best part is the thing is indestructible. Even better, Tony gives you enough to make two decks if you so choose. Great job again Tony. Keep the gems coming!

ps. watching Tony in the instructional vids was like watching a young George Clooney in action. Bravo.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:

Tony - that's incredible! Finally got around to watching the video. No idea how you did that. I'm actually going to hold off on purchasing this, just to enjoy the feeling.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 23:29, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Quote:

Tony - that's incredible! Finally got around to watching the video. No idea how you did that. I'm actually going to hold off on purchasing this, just to enjoy the feeling.

Yep, Xmas and new years was rough on my stock... I am making new ones for Magi-Fest. But I gots to admit that the reception by folx who actually use it has been excellent.

It was the No Switch that really sold it I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSvKInPJSY&feature=youtu.be

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I was just informed that the Real Steal got a great review in Genii this month... Along with Divinyl... Yay TEAM! It has been a steady seller and the responses have pretty much been excellent... But still, It is good to have someone else validate yer work... But hearing from some of you in PM's and emails has been even better! Thanks all of you!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10486 Posts

Profile of saysold1
CONGRATS TONY - MUCH DESERVED!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2293 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Thank you Saysold. It is nice to be noticed. Oddly enough, a lot of it has been in the specialty decks... I was not really expecting that. But oh well...

www.rfaproductions.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I read that Tony. David Regal gave TRS excellent marks, calling it "the best of the bunch", referring to similar card-to-impossible-location effects! Considering that David pretty much calls 'em how he sees 'em and doesn’t rave about everything he reviews, that's pretty strong praise. Smile

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Steal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL