The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 18:44, Doomo wrote:
Actually Crissy, you can have other effects set up in the deck and close with the Real Steal finish.

Which is exactly how I use it and why I like using this over other products available on the market.

I don't understand the direction the discourse on this thread has taken. Both are fine products. I've actually been using The Real Steal and it is is a less expensive, practical and very versatile QUALITY product. It does EXACTLY what is seen in the demo video and then some. If you're not interested in it (or any other product for that matter) that's fine. For me and I'd guess many others we'll use this. That's a LOT more than I can say for a ton of stuff I've bought in the past. I can't ask for much more than that! Thanks for making this available Tony.
ChadRees
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, AZ
190 Posts

Profile of ChadRees
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 22:18, Tom Dobrowolski wrote:
I don't understand the direction the discourse on this thread has taken. Both are fine products. I've actually been using The Real Steal and it is is a less expensive, practical and very versatile QUALITY product. It does EXACTLY what is seen in the demo video and then some. If you're not interested in it (or any other product for that matter) that's fine. For me and I'd guess many others we'll use this. That's a LOT more than I can say for a ton of stuff I've bought in the past. I can't ask for much more than that! Thanks for making this available Tony.

I actually was interested in this product. I read a few peoples posts at the beginning that said you could spread the deck, which I took to mean a ribbon spread or a whole deck spread, but that they left out was that you can only spread a part of the deck. It is nice that is only 30 bucks compared to the extractor, but I don't know if I can use it for the effect I do, I might just have to buy it to find out. Thanks for all your helpful reply's everyone.
RIP The Daily Deception
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Wow, this is a lot of fun to do! When I first saw Tony do this I couldn't believe how fast he was able to obtain the card. I will have to agree with Tom Dobrowolski on all his posts about this. Get this in your hands and do it!

Jason
ChadRees
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, AZ
190 Posts

Profile of ChadRees
The thing I just don't understand is, if Tony wanted to make a replacement for the extractor deck without: ;

1. having to switch in an extractor deck
2. where you have to hold the deck the whole time
3. The spectator has to put the card into a fan spread.

Why not just use a fan steal and then you free up even more space in your pocket, since everyone one is so worried about switching out a gimmicked deck with another gimmicked deck in their pockets.
RIP The Daily Deception
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Chad... I am trying to be patient here. You have made your point. YOU don't like it... OTHERS DO like it... It is a gaffed deck... As to replacing the Extractor, that was not my intention. The Extractor did not meet my needs as it was a solid inflexible block that required a deck switch. So I created something that worked for me. A LOT of others saw it and felt it better met THEIR needs. (Something you STILL fail to understand).Is it for YOU... ? Obviously NOT... Does it WORK? YES as attested to by a LOT of other who have used it. That is the last time I will answer your comments on this subject.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Chad, the card is left out jogged and then the cards are placed back into the box. The spectator then verifies that it is indeed her card sticking out of the middle of the deck while the cards are in the box. They then push it flush. You can't do that with a fan steal. It is ridiculously fair.

It doesn't matter if the spectator slips the card into the deck or not. As long as they can clearly see that the out jogged card in the box is indeed their card and then they push it flush, they are convinced that their card is in the middle of a boxed deck. That's all this effect or the Extractor are trying to prove.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
I agree with Cameron. Anyone who has basic knowledge of sleights will assume that the outjogged card is not theirs, and that the person did a fan steal (they may not know the name, but the know that its possible). When I do this trick, I plan to play that up for a few beats. NOT showing the face of the outjogged card on purpose. The showing of the face backs up the 'somewhat knowledgeable person' to before they think the steal happened. At that point they get fried. I love tricks like that.

Can someone answer this for me (I sort of asked it before, but not in the form of a question)? If the answer to this question is anything remotely close to exposure, then just don't answer please) Can one reproduce the Extractor Demo with TRS? namely:
Hand _A_ deck to spectator to pick out any card.
put the rest of the deck in a box
While they sign do a switch
Get them to put the card in the box. (or put it in and get them to push it the rest of the way in.

Even though I don't think that this handling is as fair as the TRS no switch handling, if you can do this, then what is the issue? I really think I will like this trick.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 09:12, magicPhred wrote:
I agree with Cameron. Anyone who has basic knowledge of sleights will assume that the outjogged card is not theirs, and that the person did a fan steal (they may not know the name, but the know that its possible). When I do this trick, I plan to play that up for a few beats. NOT showing the face of the outjogged card on purpose. The showing of the face backs up the 'somewhat knowledgeable person' to before they think the steal happened. At that point they get fried. I love tricks like that.

Can someone answer this for me (I sort of asked it before, but not in the form of a question)? If the answer to this question is anything remotely close to exposure, then just don't answer please) Can one reproduce the Extractor Demo with TRS? namely:
Hand _A_ deck to spectator to pick out any card.
put the rest of the deck in a box
While they sign do a switch
Get them to put the card in the box. (or put it in and get them to push it the rest of the way in.

Even though I don't think that this handling is as fair as the TRS no switch handling, if you can do this, then what is the issue? I really think I will like this trick.

In answer to you question Phred.. Sure, you can duplicate it exactly... WHY I don't know... But yes... You COULD IFFIN YA WANTED TO. The whole point was you are NOT LIMITED to doing it that way.
Hope that helps!

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
While Tony wasn't wearing a red suit, I did get a chance to meet up with him last night and get a few new toys to play with for the holidays. The Real Steal is an improvement over the Extractor in my opinion. As Cameron mentions in detail, the ability to outjog it in the fan and keep it outjogged all the way into the box is a genius improvement. I will try this out in my strolling gigs, but this immediately is being worked into my Cards to Pocket routine in my stand-up act. I have been looking for the best way to work a particular move into my routine and Tony found the missing piece.

Oh...by the way....this will kill with his new Badger wallet? How do I know, cause Santa Tony brought me one of those as well. And just wait til you see what he has for release in January. My creative juices are already flowing......
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Yahooo! Mailed out my first 4 custom decks today. They arrived in the mail yesterday, and went out today!. And Michael, The Badger has a couple of really cool properties that I am filming this weekend. kranzo's filming is done. So everything is rocking!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
Just got this. Ingenious. What a great idea! Smile

Actually, after looking and working at this for a while, it's much easier to use than the Extractor. It does what it does extremely well. The video tutorial is great, too -- simple, clear, straightforward.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Thanks Boinko... Wow! Ya just NEVER get to say Thanks Boinko normally! But anyway... More content going up this weekend. I think you will like it.

And a special heads up to Brandon for pointing out the music glitch.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I think a lot of people are generally going to be very happy campers with this Tony. It is a neat idea.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
No problem on the music Tony! I thought I was losing my mind...

As to everyone else, I agree with everything that has been said so far. This is an extremely intelligent and organic approach to retrieving a card from a card box. It was completely off my radar.

To end the other chatter in this thread about a ribbon spread, I attached the answer. I also see no reason that this could not be handled in the hands.

Tony, I have an idea I am going to send your way.

Click here to view attached image.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Actually the name of the effect is what makes it truly great Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 19:00, MarvinSanRemo wrote:
No problem on the music Tony! I thought I was losing my mind...

As to everyone else, I agree with everything that has been said so far. This is an extremely intelligent and organic approach to retrieving a card from a card box. It was completely off my radar.

To end the other chatter in this thread about a ribbon spread, I attached the answer. I also see no reason that this could not be handled in the hands.

Tony, I have an idea I am going to send your way.

Hello marvin, Looking forward to the idea. Please email me with it.

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 19:02, saysold1 wrote:
Actually the name of the effect is what makes it truly great Smile

More than you know! I was totally flummoxed on ideas for this. Then your idea came along... I passed it on to a bunch of others. It was the fave pick! So again, CONGRATS about that!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Well, we are filming a section on proper loading devices - wallets, envelopes, and different presentations.

I think you will like it
Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Are they shipping now Tony? Or waiting for more?

Thank you.

Jim
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Nope, yers is shipped! Along with a dangerous animal!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Real Steal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL