The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TiLT- New PK Effect revamped and coming soon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2012-01-09 14:35, J M Talbot wrote:
Matt has done a great job with Tilt. His usual super clear explanation... but more importantly a concept that is clever, easy and very adaptable.

I use the concept with a Staples (Business Depot) brand of yellow highlighter. The design of this particular highligher lends itself very well to Tilt. I have used this in presentations and meetings on several occasions... makes a great ice breaker. Briefly this is my prsentational hook... "They say that the pen is mightier than the sword, if that's true than this (show highlighter) must be the stongest weapon in the world! Think about it... with one simple swipe of this highligher I can instantly focus every reader to a word or concept on any printed page.... pretty powerful stuff! With your help I would like to experiment with this concept of harnessing the collective focus in this room..." I go on to perform Tilt apprently causing it to fall over using the power of the particpants in the room. I end by giving the highlighter as a souvenier to someone in the room.

This gets a great reaction and for $9.99 you can have an opener that can be done in a room with a 100 people and fits in your breast pocket... not bad.

I have recently adapted the concept to a small old skeleton key I found in an antique store. The key needs certain properties to work but they are not hard to find. This is freaking cool and has opened up a ton of presentation ideas!

Cheers,

John

Thanks for sharing this John! I appreciate the performance options as they sound very awesome!
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
I was perusing the Cliff thread (An effect I love by the way!) when I saw TiLT mentioned. Check it out:

Quote:
On 2012-01-19 21:43, Ustaad wrote:
I finally took the plunge and bought Cliff.

The method is new, diabolical and different. Very easy to perform and is totally hands-off. The method is very clever and is completely different than TiLT. I will be using Cliff and TiLT and I recommend it to those who like to perform such magic. I must say that, Mr Prager is a great thinker.

Smile

I agree with Ustaad as that is exactly what I do. Cliff, plus TiLT equals POWERFUL PK that packs small but plays big. Thanks, Ustaad!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-01-21 19:52, MattSconce wrote:

Cliff, plus TiLT equals POWERFUL PK that packs small but plays big.

Yes, I fully agree with you Matt. TiLT + Cliff = Powerful PK

The best part of TiLT and Cliff is the pre-performance set up. Both, TiLT and Cliff can be setup quickly and easily on the fly and are totally hands-off. Also if you watch the demo videos (of TiLT & Cliff), you will notice what TiLT can do Cliff can't and vise versa.

As I have already mentioned, TiLT and Cliff uses totally different methods and gimmicks. Both gimmicks are transparent and easy to procure. Thus for a complete act one need to know both the methods as the effects mutually complement one another.

Just MY opinion! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3238 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Have just downloaded this. What a delightful method. This is very much thinking outside the box and can't wait to get the necessary.
dvbt
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of dvbt
Does anyone know if this effect can still be purchased? The only place I was able to find an offer was a chinese knock-off seller whom I do not want to support. Unfortunately aftershockmagic seems to be down..

Thanks in advance.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
I see that TILT is no longer available. I just found this thread and from what I read was hoping to make a purchase of TILT. Hopefully it will be made available again soon.
John Arcanum
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of John Arcanum
I tried to get in contact with Matt a while back about purchasing both Tilt and The Gift to no luck. Im not sure he is still involved with the community here but if anyone knows how to reach him I would appreciate you letting him know I have some money for him Smile . It appears he has added some creative thinking to PK animation work.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Pretty sure I have an unopened copy. PM me if interested.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Sorry guys, Just made it home, I was thinking of a different Matt Sconce effect! My apologies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TiLT- New PK Effect revamped and coming soon (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL