We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Need simple trick to do upside down (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kidd
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Kidd
Hi, all.

I'm new to this forum, and am primarily an aerial silk artist. I have a show coming up Sunday in which I perform an aerial silk as a clown. I'm looking for a simple magic trick that I can perform at one part in the performance when I'm suspended upside down by my ankles. In the past, I've taken this moment to blow up a balloon until it pops, then pretend like the noise has startled me into almost falling out of the ankle lock, but this Sunday's show will have small kids at it, and the sound of a balloon popping often makes little kids cry... so....! I was hoping the professional magicians here might be able to help me come up with something different!

Here are the restrictions on the type of trick I'm looking for:

* The trick should be easy to learn. I'm new to (and fairly bad at) magic. I read a lot of books and enjoy the theory, but I'm a klutz and slight of hand is not my strong suit.

* The trick should be very quick, and require little (if any) prep immediately before, as I'll be a bit busy then.

* The trick needs to be visible from a distance (as I'm 15 feet in the air, and fairly far from the audience at this point in the act).

* The trick needs to involve only props that I can hide in my tight, rather skimpy costume.

* The trick needs to work upside down.

* The trick needs to be performed with no talking.

* The funnier, the better.

Any ideas or suggestions or really thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Celeste
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Cut & restored (aerial) silk ;-)
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
Color changing silk of course(self working model)......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Need simple trick to do upside down (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL