The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Divinorum by Michael Daniels (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
An updated second edition of my mentalism effect "Divinorum" is now available at Lybrary. Purchasers of the first edition can download this for free.

http://www.lybrary.com/divinorum-p-107076.html

The second edition includes a new "Really Easy" routine using ESP symbols (other items can be substituted if you wish).

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

I have just updated the second edition of Divinorum once again. The new update includes a COMPLETELY NEW method for determining which symbols or other items are covered by the spectator's hands.

Most people will find the new method much easier, especially when using five or more objects such as the five ESP symbols.

Those who have purchased the earlier edition can again download this new update (now 31 pages) for free.

Mike
dscanning
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of dscanning
Okay, I was so pleased with Michael's pdf Double Scam, especially his updated (easy) version that I decided to take a look at DIVINORUM. After reading it the first time, I kept thinking how ingenius his thinking was to put this routine together. And, once again, he sends me his new, updated handling and now it is also much, much easier. This is the kind of mind magic that I absolutely love. There is absolutely no way that a layman or another magician will ever be able to backtrack or figure out how it is possible for you to "divine" the identity of the two objects, symbols, cards, etc. his hands are covering and you name each one directly. Kudos to Michael for bringing something this good to the magic community. The original version required some quick thinking on your feet and might have been beyond some magicians...but this new handling brings it to a very do-able effect for anyone. It might take 20-30 minutes to sort out his explanation after first reading, but it will be time well spent. Diabolic and truly amazing. No equivoque. No outs. No double-meanings or dual realities. Just pure killer magic! Kudos to Michael.
Doug Canning
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Thanks very much Doug!

I have just uploaded another new revision to Divinorum which includes an additional subtlety that creates a more logical basis for an important part of the procedure. Again this new update can be downloaded for free by those who have already purchased the effect.

Ebooks may not be everyone's preference, but they do make the job of updating and revising a breeze - a great boon for authors and readers alike. And I can't thank Chris Wasshuber at Lybrary enough for his extraordinary speed and efficiency in managing these matters. I often wonder if he every sleeps!

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

I now have a video (unedited) demonstrating the Four Aces version of Divinorum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrPjXBruyZ0

Mike
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Reading dscanning comment and from the video I believe it is an excellent effect.

Great job.

MP
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Looks like a nice twist on an old principle!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Thanks MP and Nicolino.

The video shows the four-card version of Divinorum, which is moderately easy to do. Divinorum can also be used to exactly identify the two covered items from sets of three (very easy), five (a little more difficult) or even six or more (challenging but doable). You can use cards, poker chips, coins or other items.

Nicolino - Divinorum uses an old principle, together with what I believe are a couple of new principles, as well as some standard methods. It does NOT use equivoque or multiple outs - you know exactly which item has been covered by each hand. Also there is no peeking when your back is turned and you genuinely do not know how many moves the spectator makes.

The Divinorum method can be adapted to many different routines and presentations.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Divinorum is now on sale for $12 (was $20).

Mike
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
I will stick with the 3 items. While 4 or 5 or more items is described as relatively easy it's relative to what you are capable of. 4 or 5 is not within my ability.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Can this be done impromptu any deck ?
I guess not since not in the add but we never know Smile

Thanks
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 21, 2015, papawemba wrote:
Can this be done impromptu any deck ?
I guess not since not in the add but we never know Smile

Thanks

It can be done with normal cards but these will need some minor preparation. It's not strictly impromptu.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2015, John C wrote:
I will stick with the 3 items. While 4 or 5 or more items is described as relatively easy it's relative to what you are capable of. 4 or 5 is not within my ability.

Using four items (e.g., 4 aces) is relatively easy I think, but it may take a while to get the hang of it and regular practice to retain facility with the method.

Five items is quite demanding and I don't perform this any more.

Most of the time I perform the 3 item version which is "really easy". Also, in some ways, the three item version can be the most convincing and is great for multiple repeats.

Mike
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
433 Posts

Profile of Hushai
There are 3 wooden disks supplied with Deddy Corbuzier's effect Free Will. These 3 disks are usable for the 3-object version of Divinorum. If you know both Free Will and Divinorum you will know what I mean.

Divinorum is a wonderful effect -- and the 3-item version is indeed easy.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Thanks for this Hushai - Free Will makes a great combination effect with Divinorum.

BTW, if only interested in the 3 object version of Divinorum, this is included in my ebook "Three Easy Pieces" along with two other self-working mind magic effects.

http://www.lybrary.com/three-easy-pieces-p-136615.html

Mike
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3031 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just purchased "Three Easy Pieces". It is a great read! Excellent effects! Well worth the price!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Hey Michael is 3 easy pieces the same 3 piece routine as in the divinorum?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Hi John. 'Three Easy Pieces' has the 3-item Divinorum method plus two other mental magic effects which are not based on Divinorum.

Mike
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1420 Posts

Lybrary has just released my new “Reloaded” edition of Divinorum. This is a major revision and incorporates significant refinements and streamlining of the procedures and explanations. The effect is now MUCH easier to learn and perform, especially as Divinorum Reloaded comes with a browser-based training app.

Previous purchasers can download the updated edition (and app) for free. If you have avoided using the four or five card versions of Divinorum in the past, I'd recommend that you check out the new simplified methods.

Mike
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
433 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Mike, the training app is great! It makes it easy to get the practice one needs to learn Divinorum.

It does seem to me that 3 "objects" such as poker chips are somehow more appropriate for the 3-item version than 3 aces (which we usually expect to come in 4's) or 3 of the 5 ESP cards (instead of the expected 5). Using the Jack, Queen & King, as you suggest, seems good, however, or the Ace, 2 and 3 of one suit.

I continue to have fun with Divinorum. Thanks for continuing to improve it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Divinorum by Michael Daniels (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL