We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Twisted Critters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Looking for a review on the twisted critters series. If anyone has these dvds and want to share a review I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks
Bob
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
I think they are really great designs my onlyh problem with them is they start with what I feel the hardest design and then move on to the simpler isn'tead of the reverse and she talks to the camera like she is teaching 5 year olds
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
Patricia Bunnell is a very talented twister. I do like these DVDs. The sculptures are versatile for a hat, wristband or stand-along animal. Like most professional DVDs these days, most of the material may not be for beginners though. But at $25-$35 a DVD, I did find them a good value.
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
I loved them. The 3-balloon sponge "guy" hat is a nice, quick one to have in your repertoire.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I have the first one and love it! I will be getting the others.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have all three and there are some really good designs on them. I found them on the auction site for around $60 shipped, so I was happy with that price. Some of the designs are similar to one another, but between all three DVDs, you do get quite a variety. I offer a special custom-balloon for the birthday child at my bday shows, and her variations of Lightning McQueen, Mater, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sponge Bob, Goofy and Pluto - have really helped expand my custom-balloon options for the bday child.

I made about 50 of her Bunny Hats at an Easter event last year. I also really like her Giraffe.

I consider myself an intermediate twister, so from a children's magician who is NOT a die-hard, hardcore twister - this set is recommended.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Thank you for the comments. As soon as I get past the holiday season it looks as if this is something to add to the must have list. Danny.. like you I am a magician first, balloon twister second, the Balloons that I have in my repertoire are probably good enough for what I have been doing, however with more and more request for Balloons only I want to expand my knowledge and my selections. If things continue to go as they are I can see myself in a few years being a Balloon artist first and magician second. Not by my choice but by the demand of the business.

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
More to the point, people can pick up a starter book at the local book store, if the B day child twists better than you, it might be a bit awkward.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Pokie, My Balloons consist of Buster Balloon's work as well as Mark Byrne. I have Both the Bad to the Balloon dvds and tend to stick to most of his hats for my line work. So my Balloons are not the average balloon found in a library book. however I have worked next to some very good twisters that make me look like a kid working out of a library book, My goal is to get as good as they are and be able to twist anything asked of me.

bobswislosky@yahoo.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
Which of the twisted critters is the best one ,
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
Someone just told me volume 1 is the best twisted critters, so I want to try to trade anyone, thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Twisted Critters (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL