We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Mysteries by Fraser Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
Got this yesterday and it really is excellent. The production values are very high, the routines well engineered and the explanations superb. I particularly liked the way that everything is broken down and all performance angles covered - including outs and "fails".

After watching the DVD last night I tried out one of the routines today ("Stuck in the moment"). You can see what happened here with three quick examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhfVi7eXfvk

(NB: The last example continues into my "Mind Reading Touch" routine)
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Hey Mike,

Thanks for your kind words - It's great to see people are actually going out and working the stuff already to begin building some of these amazing subtleties and effects into their own routines!

Rock 'n' Roll,
DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Wow. This may be the best release of the year. Definitely the best mentalism release of the year! And before I proceed, I don't even know Fraser. I added him, about half an our ago, as friend on Facebook like a little fan boy. Haha

I received this first thing on Saturday, watched it over twice, took some notes and let it all settle in. The true value here, isn't in the 'tricks' (they ARE brilliant) but the new principals and mentality behind the methods that Fraser teaches. It's genius. I don't throw that out very often. His approach and take on 'hypnotism' suits me to the ground. It sort of allows you to instantly hypnotise people, without any of the extensive parlé of induction. Great!

Anyway, I had Saturday evening and Sunday, to go out and give some of this a try. Strength of Imagination is my favourite thing on the disc. Actually, no, it's all my favourite, but to perform comfortably with a fair amount of ease, it's Strength of Imagination. I changed it up a little bit and used people's phones and their friends' hand to place it on, as a stand alone thing and left off the added ending that Frazer suggests. Just suited me more on the nights however, I will be giving the full routine a run soon enough.

The DVD includes a bonus section with a blooper reel and best of a all, a discussion section. Fraser even puts his ACAAN (with a live in restaurant performance) as a bonus! Most of you would pay the price of the DVD alone just for that. Seriously.

I don't want to give away too much detail on all the surprises in side. It's just absolutely AWESOME! From the design of everything and the sheer quality. OH, I forgot to mention, included is a free book, also called True Mysteries by Fraser Parker, which contains even more quality and well thought-out material.

All in all, this is an incredible release from Fraser Parker and from the production team of Jack Curtis and Dee Christopher at www.the1914.com and at just £34.99 this is phenomenal. I can't recommend this enough!

Cheers,

Lloyd
Creative & Project Development at Ellusionist

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
The production values on this DVD/BOOK PACKAGE are to a very high standard. I am just working my through both. Very interesting and intriquing ideas and material 'out of the box' thinking and applications. I am very pleased with my purchase. Good job well done! tjd
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Just tried ' Free Range Think of a card' only one number out, correct suit !!! the effect went down very well.
tjd
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Has anyone still not received theirs? I live in Virginia and not used to such a delay. Been checking every day hoping Smile
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
All these experiments could be done with success every time or sometime didn't work? Needs hard training with peoples or could be done easy after watching ?

Thank you
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Finally got it! Boy is this the best looking DVD and book combo! Haven't gotten into it yet. Will share more later
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

@JLS; When we shot the DVD, Fraser only 'failed' maybe once or twice out of 2 days shooting - He talks on the DVD about what to do if something doesn't go to plan though, so don't worry! Smile

As with any work of this nature, there's always a possibility of failure, Fraser's routines are very reliable though because of the way he structures them and the way he achieves the effects he does.

Hope that helps! You can read some interesting articles on True Mysteries at http://blog.the1914.com that will help you further in making your decision!

DC

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

I just noticed that True Mysteries is now available on the Penguin Magic site, so you can grab it there for speedy USA delivery if you're over there - A review has already been posted, so I thought it might be nice to copy it in here:

"I have had the blessing of being able to buy the original TM manuscript. I have to say this material is NOT for the couch performer nor the youtube conjuer. This IS for professionals and magicians and mentalists willing to try something new. Your boldness will be rewarded. I have created whole shows based on the material here.

The packaging is OUTSTANDING, it reminds me very much of the trilby connection housing box. The structure of the DVD is one of the best Ihave seen. The material is well....in my veiw ground breaking for those wishing to incorporate hypnotic effects without hypnosis OR stooges. If you REALY think on this material and ponder you will truly understand how far you can go with it."

Cheers!

DC

Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
I was going to write a detailed review, but if you've watched the trailers, read the ad copy, and read through this thread, you already know what the product is about.

So I'll keep my review simple and add to what you already know by saying this:

This is the best magic purchase I have made in several years.

No joke or hyperbole--it is just that. If you're looking for tricks, carry on; if you're looking for real magic; this is hard to beat.

A+ all-around.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I am loving this material. It's amazing as it works...the heavy deck fooled my wife so bad and she's guessing ma----- and everything but the truth! The stuck deck she got some of...I'm trying to see how much of these can be done one on one versus with two or more. If you're familiar with the concepts, you'll know why I'm asking...please pm me with your thoughts on what you got one on one. Thx!!! Btw, this is a must buy!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Quote:

This is the best magic purchase I have made in several years.

A+ all-around.

Thanks for the kind words guys - We're thrilled that people are loving the stuff!

Rock 'n' Roll,
DC

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I just watched the DVD and love it. The professional look of the Book and DVD combo is slick!

This is gold as far as I am concern and will really enhance what I do. I am really happy that I bought this! I give this a 10 out of 10.....

Best
Ray noble
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
Am I missing out if I only have the original PDF version of True Mysteries?

~ Nique
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 09:28, nique wrote:
Am I missing out if I only have the original PDF version of True Mysteries?

~ Nique

I saw you are okay without the DVD unless you are a visual learner. I just have the PDF and everything works perfectly so I don't see the need for the DVD. However, if you are struggling understanding the timing or how the mechanics should look, then I say the DVD will help.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Really like Fraser's progressive style so ordered a copy of this and will review when I receive it. Thanks Dee for bringing us some great projects, very much enjoyed Paint the Roses Red.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
822 Posts

Profile of nique
Thanks Maddy.

Was just wondering if there were any other bits, tips or refinements in the routines that might have been left out of the PDF.
Perhaps the biggest benefit would be being able to see the routines performed live.

~ Nique
Fraser Parker
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Fraser Parker
Hey Fraser this is my review of True Mysteries. Cheers!

If you want to have the ability to make people do what you want as part of your routine like making people stuck to things or making them not able to speak. Like a REAL hypnotist, this is it.

I was always interested in these types of trance illusion effects but was sceptical that these type of effects would not work in other languages like Spanish which is my native language in which I perform or that they just didn't possess any mystery but boy was I wrong. It just took me a couple of minutes after reading the book to understand the amazing principles that Fraser explains and perform them almost the same day REALLY! Forget about studying hypnosis for months or years and GET TRUE MYSTERIES NOW.

I look forward to read and perform more of his work. Keep an eye on Fraser's work if you want to perform real magic.

Arsen.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Arsen must be Spanish for Fraser Parker?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Mysteries by Fraser Parker (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL