The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Facade - Colin Mcleod Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Just recieved and started reading through my copy, very nice material my friend and I will probably use the nice little alternative at my next show and put a few touches on the routine that just came to my mind as I read through the manuscript. I really think the closest thing you can get to this routine would be the Bookless Book Test from NM1, but with that you don't even have the same impact because you don't have the word predicted like you do with this work without the use of something extra. I think this purchase was well worth the money spent for the additions alone even if you own Opening Minds, I just can't believe you came up with this at age 13 man, I am really envious of your creativity because this thing is a bomb shell like no kidding. I will add more as I work my way further through the book...by the way isn't it ironic that this is a book on the bookless book test?

-Jake
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Hey guys!!

Thanks to everyone who has already purchased this. I'm on the road for a few days so all orders up to the one at 9:30am this morning have been sent.

All other orders will be sent up before Friday afternoon.

Thanks for all the amazing feedback you've been sending me about it!!

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
A great review from Jheff over at Market Place of the Mind...

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/facade.html

Col
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Just finished reading FACADE. This is truly amazing! Just brilliant!!! Money WELL spend!
Thanx Colin for this one! Smile

regards
kiki
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-12-16 19:45, magician 336 wrote:
Just recieved and started reading through my copy, very nice material my friend and I will probably use the nice little alternative at my next show and put a few touches on the routine that just came to my mind as I read through the manuscript. I really think the closest thing you can get to this routine would be the Bookless Book Test from NM1, but with that you don't even have the same impact because you don't have the word predicted like you do with this work without the use of something extra. I think this purchase was well worth the money spent for the additions alone even if you own Opening Minds, I just can't believe you came up with this at age 13 man, I am really envious of your creativity because this thing is a bomb shell like no kidding. I will add more as I work my way further through the book...by the way isn't it ironic that this is a book on the bookless book test?

-Jake

Jake

If you too want to be creative stop spending your time passively in the magic Café, stop buying routines etc and start using your time thinking. I mean sitting in a room thinking. Go wherever you think best and think there.

You have several choices of what to do with your time. You can think about creating stuff or you can think about other people's stuff. Regardless of which one you choose time will March on. So it's what you do with the time that makes a Creator a Creator and a follower a follower.

I'll bet this is how Colin came up with these ideas. Sure nothing wrong with getting inspired by others work but not obsessed with it.

Anyway, I wish you well with your own creations and one day someone will say ... Jake, how do you do it man??

J
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
Have no words that can describe this work just to good. One of the best investments I ever made so happy thank you Colin.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
John, I totally agree!

It's all about taking these ideas and then building your presentation around them!

All I'm offering is the method and structure of the routine. It's then up to the reader to make it their own.

For me though, that's the exciting bit!!

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts everyone.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday period.

Col.
mrraemagic
View Profile
New user
Scotland, UK
9 Posts

Profile of mrraemagic
Great work again Colin. I love the fact you have taken what was already a great effect and made it stronger. I agree with what has been said above. If you like the original you will like the improvements. Also Colin has now added in other ideas foe using the same principle. Some will not suit everyone but certainly worth a read and thinking about. The other bonuses on tips and the history of this routine is also a great read and shows what goes into making and developing an effect. Certainly value for money. Well done Colin!
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thank you very much kind sir!

The website has been updated with a range of reviews and an explanation of my future plans with regards to Facade and my aims to continue expanding it to keep buyers of the book up to date with all future developments.

http://web.mac.com/colinmcleod1/mentalen......ade.html

I hope everyone is thoroughly enjoying the holiday period!!

Col.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
That's me caught up with ALL orders since the honeymoon!

Hope you enjoy it!

The update, due for a March release, already has some excellent contributions, so everyone who has purchased the book has that to look forward to!

Much love,
Col.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I received 'Facade' and 'Opening Minds' about four weeks ago and haven't had a decent night's sleep since!
Colin has come up with some real performance gems but the 'Bookless Test' and 'Facade' in particular, are guaranteed to get the old creative juices flowing.
Facade is a comprehensive, 45 page document, with a very interesting insight into how Colin developed the Bookless Test. The colour photos, step by step easy to follow instructions, additional ideas and alternative handlings, greatly amplify an already strong routine.
Do yourself a favour, get plenty of rest over the next few days, then go to http://web.mac.com/colinmcleod1/mentalen......ade.html and hit the 'Buy Now' button.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Just spotted this!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am truly most proud I the contents of this book!

Col
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
Oh, for God’s sake. I’ve just come out of a trance-like state with another paypal receipt in my inbox. You’re all a bunch of mentalists playing psychological games with my vulnerable and suggestible brain.
I cannot wait to receive this Façade. Colin, I was blown away by your P&T performance and love Opening Minds. It would be a pleasure to meet you one day.
In the meantime, my intuition is telling me that someone in this thread has recently got married and been on honeymoon. If that makes sense to you – Congratulations!
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
If you loved Opening minds (and this can be used as a 100% prediction if you are mentalist) and you like the "book test" you will enjoy Facade.
Colin takes the concept of the NW book test to a high level. In my opinion, the best thing is that using the gimmick you can adapt it to unlimited presentations.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thanks guys!! Truly appreciated and so glad you're getting lots from it.

I'm about to start working on the update, so if anyone has any additions or subtleties having read facade and would like them included, please send them to ...

Psychiccolkn@yahoo.co.uk

Banachek has already contributed a number of great ideas as have many other performers. I've also thought up a few new subtleties for it too you may all be interested in!

Much love.

Col
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Nice ideas and use of a classic gimmick for mental feats.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
One question if I may regarding BBT. Can this effect be used in the middle of the program rather then as an opener?

Thanks

Decomposing After My Opener
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Decomposed,

Yes, it can be used at any time during your performance.
The manuscript gives some nice variations, one of which I have adapted to suit my own style and have had some great reactions to.
Highly recommended.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Does anyone have a link to this that actually works? I can't seem to get to the page at all.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Facade - Colin Mcleod Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL