The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » From CGI to Reality... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0CMcLiRkw&feature=share

Let's imagine how to do something approaching this without CGI: Threads? Magnets?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Nanobots!
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Gepetto
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3090 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
That's a fun video. I think it could have been more of an internet sensation if they had been more subtle in the animation. They could have made it so that people would argue over wether it was CGI or some kind of amazing puppetry but instead they made it obvious CGI.

I thought of a something like this once but I saw it as a gag. I would assure people that I was using an ordinary deck and then suddenly the deck would sort of shift and transform into a little robot and walk a bit.

It would basically be a deck of cards that was constructed like a simple 'transformer" robot toy. When expanded it looks like a somewhat humanoid robot and when you push it down it folds up into a deck that looks normal at a casual glance.

This could definitely be done. It's just a question of how elaborate you can make it. At it's simplest the deck would just be hollowed out and have a little walking toy inside so it looked like the deck had sprouted little feet and was walking around. At it's most complex it would look like a mechanical marvel that a watchmaker had devised.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com



I took the Pledge
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
I like your 'transformer' idea, Mike.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Count Lustig
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Count Lustig
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 18:57, MeetMagicMike wrote:
They could have made it so that people would argue over wether it was CGI or some kind of amazing puppetry but instead they made it obvious CGI.

Not obvious enough apparently.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=206&2
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3274 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
How does Clinton’s Global Initiative relate to a street magician’s card trick?
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 22:00, Howie Diddot wrote:
How does Clinton’s Global Initiative relate to a street magician’s card trick?


Apparently there are messages printed on the cards that promote Clinton's Global Initiative.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26992 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are thin paper cutouts that get hung on string that appear to dance to music.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 16:41, Count Lustig wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-08 18:57, MeetMagicMike wrote:
They could have made it so that people would argue over wether it was CGI or some kind of amazing puppetry but instead they made it obvious CGI.

Not obvious enough apparently.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=206&2

Maybe, eating less seafood would help. All that mercury really impairs cognitive function. Smile
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3274 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 20:44, todsky wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 22:00, Howie Diddot wrote:
How does Clinton’s Global Initiative relate to a street magician’s card trick?


Apparently there are messages printed on the cards that promote Clinton's Global Initiative.


So Clinton is promoting his agenda by announcing his Initiative to the world and his program to reach the people consists of printing his message on playing cards and delivering it to the world with a game of 52 pickup in Times Square?

So, that’s what CGI is, Clinton’s Global Initiative …..it’s BRILLANT
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 20:48, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
There are thin paper cutouts that get hung on string that appear to dance to music.


Sort of like the Gepetto idea proposed earlier. A marionette card person is certainly within the realm of possibility: do a deck switch for the invisible-threaded cards which are suspended from the fingertips. Maybe use super-light cards, or just half a deck.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 14:43, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 20:44, todsky wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 22:00, Howie Diddot wrote:
How does Clinton’s Global Initiative relate to a street magician’s card trick?


Apparently there are messages printed on the cards that promote Clinton's Global Initiative.


So Clinton is promoting his agenda by announcing his Initiative to the world and his program to reach the people consists of printing his message on playing cards and delivering it to the world with a game of 52 pickup in Times Square?

So, that’s what CGI is, Clinton’s Global Initiative …..it’s BRILLANT


At first I thought CGI was Computer Generated Imagery, but now you have me wondering...
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3274 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 19:55, todsky wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 14:43, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 20:44, todsky wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 22:00, Howie Diddot wrote:
How does Clinton’s Global Initiative relate to a street magician’s card trick?


Apparently there are messages printed on the cards that promote Clinton's Global Initiative.


So Clinton is promoting his agenda by announcing his Initiative to the world and his program to reach the people consists of printing his message on playing cards and delivering it to the world with a game of 52 pickup in Times Square?

So, that’s what CGI is, Clinton’s Global Initiative …..it’s BRILLANT


At first I thought CGI was Computer Generated Imagery, but now you have me wondering...



Nope, it’s a government conspiracy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » From CGI to Reality... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL