The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » I.B.M. Convention - Norfolk 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
In 2012, magic's first and longest running convention will be going to one of America's oldest regions - Norfolk, Virginia. The 84th Annual I.B.M. Convention will be held July 3-7, 2012 at the Marriott Norfolk Waterside Hotel with overflow rooms available at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel.

The Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night shows will be held in the 2,500 seat Chrysler Hall. Chrysler Hall is the flagship of Norfolk’s downtown theatre district. Be sure to register early to get the better seats. Register at: http://www.Magician.Org, click on Convention Tab.

Be sure to sign-up for the Grande Banquet & Cabaret Show along with your Convention Registration.

Watch the I.B.M website for Performers, Lectures, Dealers, Schedules, and more exciting announcements.

Come and join us in Norfolk and let the WAVES of MAGIC wash over you! Hope to see you there.

Bob Patterson
Registration Chairman
I.B.M. 2012 Convention - Norfolk
Magic.Bob@Comcast.Net
aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
I'm looking forward to it, can't wait
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Has any performers been announced yet?

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
zmg013
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of zmg013
Wanna go, trying to work it out
MagicEarl
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of MagicEarl
Yes, just starting to plan for it.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I receive the Linking Ring, MUM, Magic and Genii. For months, the SAM has been running ads for the Las Vegas convention with a ever growing list of impressive performers. Unless I am missing something, I have yet to see a performer named in any print ads and just the same rather drab announcement that there will be a IBM convention in Norfolk. Why is that the case?
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
The Convention Committee is meeting this week in Norfolk. They are waiting on contracts to be returned before announcing the performers and lectures. Shawn Farquhar, talent chairman says most of them have been completed and the particial list will appear on the I. B.M wesite (www.Magician.org) very soon.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Looking forward to going to my home town for the convention hope to see everyone there. ring 50 will be here in force.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
744 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Oh we have some fine talent. I tried hard to book acts that were unique and not overly seen on the convention scene. I booked a one man show that is stellar, a special feature lecture/show with an outstanding young performer that you're gonna love, multiple close up guys who have almost all been on the covers of MAGIC and Genii ... and more... I think they start releasing names on Friday, February 3rd ...

We have really changed the schedule format for the convention so each day starts with one of the BIG THREE events at 9:30am (yes nothing at 8:00am) followed by some uncontested time for you to shop the many dealers we have booked. The afternoon will feature the contests... yes contests when the acts aren't usually sleeping! Lectures at the same time everyday and night so you don't even have to consult your schedule to know what's going on and find out what you missed. I'm really proud to be a part of this new team and to be able to continue the I.B.M. tradition of offering it's members outstanding events. David Sandy and his team did such a great job last year, we have big shoes to fill.

I had the chance to visit Norfolk and it looks like a fun town to visit. This Summer I'll be giving it the "Hannah" test, when my daughter is let loose on the unsuspecting residents.

Keep well and busy,

-shawn
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Yipee, can't wait!

Maria
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
The I.B.M. 84th Annual Convention will be held in Norfolk, Virginia on July 3rd – 7th, 2012. We are pleased to announce that the following outstanding close-up talent.

The outrageously funny Geoff Williams will entice audiences with his mind-blowing sleight-of-hand illusions. You won’t want to miss the amazing card magic of magician and author, John Bannon. From Spain, the incomparable Dani DaOrtiz will entertain you with his superb technique and crazy humor. Joining us from Canada is comedian and magician, David Acer (aka Doubting Dave on Mystery Hunters), who only has to look at you to make you laugh. The fact that he is also an accomplished magician is just icing on the cake. More than just an entertainer – Hannibal – captivates his audience with his combination of magic and storytelling. You won’t want to miss Wayne Houchin – exclaimed “One of the hottest magicians on the planet” by Genii Magazine. Finally, I.B.M. attendees will be treated to Paul Gertner’s TEN FINGERS – A Play of Magic. Enough said.

Don’t wait, register today at http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/6. Reserve your room at either the Norfolk Waterside Marriott (757-627-4200) or the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside (757-622-6664). Both hotels are within a block of each other. The Marriott is our host hotel. The Sheraton is right on the Elizabeth River with lovely waterside rooms. Be sure to tell them you are with the I.B. M. to get the special $99/night convention rate. Evening shows will be held at the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theater.

See you in Norfolk!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Here is a sneak preview of an upcoming Norfolk convention ad ...

Click here to view attached image.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Very Nice!
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
I'm going to IBM for sure because I booked at show on Tuesday, July 3 near Norfolk, VA. Just wonder if anyone is interesting in sharing a room?
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
744 Posts

This year we are adding to the great changes from last year and improving using the suggestion from the registrants. The folks in charge have changed up the schedule at it is a great change in my opinion. Things don't start at the crack of dawn and lectures don't begin at midnight either! Instead they are starting each day with one of three events they call the Big Three. Yup, it's been moved from the afternoon to the morning to encourage you all to crawl out of bed and see either Paul Gertner's one man show "Ten Fingers", Wayne Houchin's very special lecture and show or a close up show with Dani DaOrtiz, John Bannon, Master Payne, Geoff Williams, Hannibal and David Acer. What a way to start the day! The contests, always a favourite, will be held in the afternoon to give them more prestige and to allow the acts to be awake and in their best form. Dealers have uncontested time to show you their latest and greatest and they have even designed a 24 hr hangout area to jam. Yes, there was a bar just feet away too. The evening shows are going to be spectacular. Joan Caesar has gathered together a talented group of young magicians to showcase, Chris Capeheart will be the star of the Gala Banquet show, Wayne and Fran Houchin have something extra special up their sleeves, Rich Bloch will once again host the Gold Medal show and George Saterial will close it with the act that gained him his gold medal and a few other choice illusions. Chip Romero is taking a break from nearly three decades at sea to show us what he does, Justin Flom who once had the Imaginary Theatre in Branson and most recently released Card Artistry will be sharing his newest and most popular material, along with Vlad Kryvonogov from the Ukraine and FISM award winner Arthur Trace ... We have lots more talent to announce and some very special extras ... keep checking in and don't forget to register.

Cheers,

-shawn farquhar
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
Is there a reason that even though the convention is less than 4 months away, the web portal is not listing the talent as mentioned in posts above? There are conventions being held a couple of months later that have nailed down their talent.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
744 Posts

Excellent Question Larry ...
They are probably just super busy with other things in the world of the IBM.
You can find most of this information on Facebook and in all the major magic magazines...

"More ways to meet, learn and share"

Just a few of the magicians to perform:

Justin Flom
Chris Capehart
Dani DaOrtiz
David Acer
Paul Gertner
John Bannon
Geoff Williams
Chip Romero
Yuji Yasuda
Rich Bloch
George Saterial
Arthur Trace
Vlad Kryvonogov
Hannibal
Ma Yanyan
Wayne Houchin

More still to be announced...

-shawn
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 16:19, Shawn Farquhar wrote:.

Justin Flom
Chris Capehart
Dani DaOrtiz
David Acer
Paul Gertner
John Bannon
Geoff Williams
Chip Romero
Yuji Yasuda
Rich Bloch
George Saterial
Arthur Trace
Vlad Kryvonogov
Hannibal
Ma Yanyan
Wayne Houchin

More still to be announced...

-shawn

You seem to be missing a name on that list Shawn Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
744 Posts

I didn't list them all Payne...
I just started typing while running out of the house to catch another *** plane.
Yes, Master Payne, who was just featured in an awesome article in MAGIC will also be performing at the IBM this year...
I can name more too, but time to jump on another plane... long trip to Kuala Lumpur..

-shawn
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Check out this link for photos of the ever increasing and fabulous talent line up for the Norfolk convention ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......8596e2ef

With this talent and the extraordinary events planned for this convention it will be a very special convention. The I.B.M. convention was reinvented in Dallas and is continuing to be upgraded for Norfolk. I.B.M. was the first convention and continues to be the best convention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » I.B.M. Convention - Norfolk 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL