The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » I.B.M. Convention - Norfolk 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I guess I should have mentioned Juliana Chen too .... oh and Yuji Yasuda and Butterfly Lovers and Hou Kai ... and if I think some more I can probably list more...

-shawn
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
There is a very special magic happening this July that we want to be sure you know about.

There are lots of magic conventions but there is only ONE I.B.M. Annual Convention each year and it is in Norfolk, Virginia this year. The I.B.M. held the world’s first magic convention in Kenton, Ohio in 1922 and the Norfolk Convention will be the 84th I.B.M. Annual Convention – that’s every year except the four years during World War II! The I.B.M. is the World’s largest magic organization and its annual conventions are the world’s best magic conventions.

The I.B.M. knows how to produce a magic convention. The I.B.M. convention committee has the most successful convention experience of any group in magic. The I.B.M. “reinvented” the convention last year in Dallas and will upgrade its convention this year in Norfolk to a new edition that is bigger and better than ever before. Here are a few of the things in store for those lucky enough to attend the Norfolk convention:

Each attendee gets a special PASSPORT to magic. Not only does this passport gain you entry to all the events at the convention and the Schedule of Events – it also has a space for each dealer to stamp when you visit their booth. These dealer stamps will be your passport to special magic gifts and drawings for other magic prizes. This PASSPORT gains you entry to the Dealer’s Room which opens at 2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and a special first night Welcome Party and Show plus the first of 10 Lectures at 10 PM on Tuesday evening. That is more than a year’s worth of magic lectures at one convention! Your PASSPORT takes you to a unique I.B.M. event – the ever popular BIG THREE EVENT – Three different events repeated on three consecutive days for a third of the attendees each event to enhance your enjoyment and viewing of the event. The Norfolk Big Three events include Paul Gertner and his one man show – Ten Fingers; A special lecture by Wayne Houchin; and a Close-Up show by six of magic’s best close up masters including – David Acer, John Bannon, Hannibal, Dani DaOrtiz, Master Payne, & Geoff Williams. The close-up rooms will have elevated seating to improve the viewing angles for the audience.

There will be a special tiered seating room with projection screens to improve the viewing of close up lectures and parlour magic.

The optional Grand Banquet (and extra charge event) will feature the incomparable Chris Capehart – a magic performance who simply has no equal!

A special Youth Showcase Show featuring a lineup of specially invited young magic talents will give attendee a very special look at the stars of tomorrow. There will also be special events for the Youth Only during the convention.

The Gold Medal Finals will feature not only the finalist competition but also Magic Master of the magical m.c.s – Rich Bloch and special guest star George Saterial reprising his own Gold Medal winning performance.

Already booked for the Gala Finale Show are Justin Flom, Vlad Kryvonogov, Chip Romero, and Arthur Trace with more acts to be named.

Long time magic show producer and star in his own right – Dale Salwak – is producing an I.B.M. exclusive – Stars of Asia Gala Stage Show – which will open the three nights of shows in the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theatre at the Norfolk Scope. Already announced for this special show are the FISM award winning acts of the beautiful Juliana Chen from China, Yuji Yasuda from Korea, and Ma YanYan from China. Also on this show is Hou Kai, an absolutely unbelievable juggler, and the Butterfly Lovers with their aerolistic artistry.

Continuing in the theme of the S.I.G. sessions at the Dallas Convention, the Norfolk Convention will offer its own streamlined version The Magic Six Pack which will provide a small group special focus on a selected magic topic. Your Norfolk PASSPORT to magic will permit you to choose from David Acer – Making of the TV show Mystery Hunter; Rich Bloch – Being a better MC; Hannibal – Theater and Magic; Master Payne – Theming of Magic; T. J. Shimeld – Walter B. Gibson and The Shadow; and Geoff Williams – Comedy in Magic.

The Order of Merlin breakfast (extra charge event for Merlin members) will feature Chip Romero with a special presentation.

In addition to all these lectures, shows, and special events are the preliminary competitions for the stage and close-up prizes and the right to compete in the finals for the Gold Medal, the Gold Cups and the over $17,000 in cash and other prizes bringing the total value of awards to over $20,000.

In view of continuing economic conditions, the convention registration fee has been lowered to $250 which is much lower than other major magic conventions this year. A special convention room rate of $99 is available at the Norfolk Marriott, our host hotel and also at the nearby Sheraton Waterside Hotel if you prefer a waterside room. Very reasonable restaurants for breakfast and lunch are available directly across the street from the convention and a host of excellent restaurants are available very nearby for dinner.

Finally, Norfolk is an ideal convention location for a family vacation. If driving to this convention across the Commonwealth of Virginia families will be able to visit historic sites where America began including three major sites within an hour of Norfolk – Jamestown – the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America, Yorktown – where American independence was won, and Williamsburg – where Colonial America still exists. Attractions such as Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, and Virginia Beach are also nearby. Within an easy walk of the hotels are the Nauticus Museum, USS Wisconsin, and the Douglas MacArthur Memorial. The nearby MacArthur Mall hosts a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Of course, there will be special spouse events as well.

Simply put, the Norfolk I.B.M. Convention is THE MAGIC CONVENTION to attend in 2012! It is the sleeper convention of the year. Come to Norfolk where we know how to produce a magic convention just for you. Norfolk is your PASSPORT to magic in 2012!

See you there!

I.B.M. Norfolk Convention Committee
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Sounds exciting, I will be there on behalf of Magicians Without Borders and look forward to meeting you all there Smile Personally it will be my first, U.S convention Smile
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Don't forget to register soon for the I.B.M. convention in Norfolk as the price goes up in just a little over 30 days...

Click here to view attached image.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Be sure to book the Marriott Hotel for the convention before June 18, 2012 as the discount block will run out and the room price will increase. The Marriott rate will increase from $99 to $169. It's too late for the Sheraton as that room block ran out on June 1. It would be better to get your room now and cancel later if you have to, rather than have to pay the higher rate if you miss the deadline.

Hope to see you at the convention, register NOW!!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Actually, Bob, I just discovered that the Sheraton room block is also good until June 18. The June 1 date was an incorrect posting on the Sheraton website. However, there isn't that much time left to make your reservation at one of the two hotels before the rate drastically increases. We are hard at work making the final details for the Convention. Registration increases on June 28 so go to http://www.magician.org - the I.B.M. Portal - click on convention and register today !!
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Merlina, If you're going to attend, then I hope to see you there!!!!!
Bill
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
June 28th is rapidly approching and the I.B.M. Convention price will increase. Register before June 28th and save $50.

Don't forget to reserve your room at the Marriott or Sheraton hotels before June 18th to get the I.B.M. special rate of $99. The hotel prices will increase to their normal rate on June 18.

Don't delay any longer....

Register at http://www.Magician.Org click on convention and register today!!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Just to second what MrBob102 is saying ...
Time is running out …
Only 4 days left to reserve a room at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott or the Sheraton Waterfront Hotel at the special $99 convention rate. On June 18th our room blocks will be released. Book your room NOW for the Norfolk IBM Convention!
Don’t miss the chance to see and hear David Acer, John Bannon, Rich Bloch, Alex Boyce, Chris Capehart, Julianna Chen, Dani Daortiz, Daisy Dolicker, Justin Flom, Paul Gertner, Jordan Gomez, Hannibal, Johathan & Trisha Hawley, Wayne Houchin, Hou Kai, T. J. Ketchmark, Jay Temaat, Ma Yanyan, Tyler Nygren, Master Payne, Christopher Quintero, Mandy Reed, Chip Romero, George Saterial, T. J. Schimeld, Arthur Trace, Geoff Williams, An Sung Woo, Yuji Yasuda, and Gu Ying. A wonderful mix of your favorite names and acts that you have never seen before! The I.B.M. Conventions are not your regular old magic convention. The I.B.M. Conventions always break new ground. Come to Norfolk and enjoy our Welcome and Farewell Parties, our Contests with the world famous Gold Medal and Gold Cups competitions, Special Sessions, workshops, an entire year’s worth of Lectures, Youth events, Dealer’s Exposition, Youth Show, Grand Banquet and Show, the I.B.M. original Big Three Event featuring Close-Up Show, special lecture, and Paul Gertner’s one man Ten Fingers Show, the special All Asian Gala produced by Dale Salwak, the Gold Medal Show and the Grand Finale Gala all in the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theatre. The opportunity to see old friends and make new ones and much more. Events that will use the latest technology to enhance your viewing and entertainment pleasure. All this in historic Norfolk, Virginia with sights and activities for the entire family.
Convention registration fees increase on June 28th ! Save money by taking action today !!
Time is running out – book your room and make your registration today for magic’s oldest and best Magic Convention - The 84th Annual I.B.M. Convention
Go to http://www.magician.org/portal/node/6 for all convention information including acts, schedule, F.A.Q, convention registration and hotel reservations.
sthielman
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
129 Posts

Profile of sthielman
What a deal!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Only 4 more days until registration fees increase at the Norfolk IBM Convention.

Just booked - Andrew Goldenhersh as the featured entertainer for the Welcome Party Show on July 3 !!!

go to http://www.magician.org for schedules, talent, and registration until July 28. After the 28th you will have to register at the convention in Norfolk. Dealers open at 2pm on July 3rd.

Don't miss it !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » I.B.M. Convention - Norfolk 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL