The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Roger Nicot Cocktail Bar Cup - New? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Hi,

FYI, I think this is a new cup made by Roger Nicot. I checked with Mark Mason, it's basically the same size and weight as the current version, except the new cup has a recessed base to hold the balls. It also has a DVD consisting of 2 routines plus a few accessories making it possible to have the option of using it as a cocktail shaker. Please refer to the website for more details.

Click Here!

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
A proper demo / overview would be nice...
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
It seems to be a new package because I have the original version and I did not get most of the things listed on the Mark Mason site. It is a very, very good prop, is well made and I really enjoy using it - I might actually consider getting this newer (note: newer to me, at least, and obviously to Francis as well) version, supposing it is a different design that the one I already own. All that aside, the routine is a killer one as well, I always get great reactions with this.

If anyone knows more, please do share.
francisngkl
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
509 Posts

Profile of francisngkl
Mark Mason has just confirmed with me that this item has just been introduced today, what a coincidence! The difference between the two cups is the recessed base, other than the DVD, the accessories and additional shaker routine.

Francis
Carpe Diem, Seize The Day!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
That sounds great - looks like I have a new item on my shopping list!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-12-09 11:56, puggo wrote:

New demo is up and running. Just ordered mine.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 16:55, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

Steve

I did a bit of research and took the plunge as well. I really like the theme of this.
As an aside, I gimmicked some rubber olives (from juggernaut) a couple of years back - their time may have come!

Charlie
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 17:11, puggo wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 16:55, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:

Steve

I did a bit of research and took the plunge as well. I really like the theme of this.
As an aside, I gimmicked some rubber olives (from juggernaut) a couple of years back - their time may have come!

Charlie

Hey Charlie, there are some real possibilities with this. I'm already getting excited about New Years
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Donnie at RNT2 has some chopped olives - I own them as well as Juggernaut and I believe they're the same olive...with the added special something of course.

Interesting trailer...not too sure about the ridiculous choice of music that goes along with it but the routine looks nice.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 01:12, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Donnie at RNT2 has some chopped olives - I own them as well as Juggernaut and I believe they're the same olive...with the added special something of course.

Interesting trailer...not too sure about the ridiculous choice of music that goes along with it but the routine looks nice.

The original Jigger olives were easy to gaff. I used them with a small 'in the hand' Morrisey cup. I did have mt eye on the jumbo olives though!
I would agree that the music was... challenging!

Charlie
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
The jumbo olives are very cool. I haven't yet put one into a formal routine but that's only because I'm lazy. I've played around with it and it really is a VERY cool prop.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I too love the RnT2 chopped olives - I bought them to work on a routine with Donnie. When I first got the RnT2 set, I thought the same thing that Andrew mentioned above - that they looked just like the ones I got with Jiggernaut a while back.

I eventually want to get a jumbo olive and some of the black olives from RnT2. If you are looking for not-so-unusual but not normal props, ask Donnie about the little billiard balls he has for use with the cups and balls - very nice, and they bounce too!

@Andrew: Does the jumbo olive have some weight to it? I can only imagine it is not as light as you would think.
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
This set looks nice anyone get one yet? I'm thinking about it.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2011-12-12 14:53, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
@Andrew: Does the jumbo olive have some weight to it? I can only imagine it is not as light as you would think.

It does indeed, yet it loads beautifully as well! It's actually an ideal size and weight, for me at least.
cava
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of cava
I also have and use RNTII olives with some chop cup. In impromptu conditions, any cofee cup and Scotty York routine. In both cases a KIWI from the fruit basket makes IMHO a good climax for the olives (almost same shape and colour, much biger and inmediately recognizable) the contrast in spectator mind is not only size but sweet-salty too...
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Hi Guys....

Yes, the bottom of the my new "Cocktail Bar Cup" is recessed to hold a ball without it rolling off. Also, the strainer top is made similar to a Lota with a bonus. It will secretly deliver the magnetic ball into your hand at the beginning AND it delivers a liquid load at the end. I do have a set of the olives Donnie is selling as well as the "jumbo" load olive. Having been in the bar/restaurant business for years, I have always had a strong opinion regarding "display food items." Fake food always looks like fake food.

The Bar Cup itself has a large enough interior to comfortably hold a REAL lemon.... or two! (LOL) The set also includes a shot glass that could be used as a load... but is perfect for the Larry Jennings move with a handkerchief. When you do purchase one from Mark... please give it a good home! (I hand machine each and every one.)

Happy Holidays to All.............!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Thanks for chiming in here Mr. Nicot. As I have said before, I really enjoy your original version of the cup and I use it all the time. All of that being the case, I am looking forward to getting the new version and having a go with it. Happy Holidays to you as well!
robbyrob
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
66 Posts

Profile of robbyrob
This cup looks cool and perfect for bar or party type entertaining. I think I will have to get myself one soon. Thanks for the heads up!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got in the mail. Awesome! This is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to use which will be soon.

Steve
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
105 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Steve,

I'm glad you like it! If you have any questions... just let me know! Smile

Roger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Roger Nicot Cocktail Bar Cup - New? (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL