The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First show tomorrow in over three years (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic of Dan
View Profile
Regular user
St Charles, MO
115 Posts

Profile of Magic of Dan
Ok, here is the story. I have been doing magic off and on for about 16 years. I sold almost everything I owned about three years ago. I recently decided to start performing again. I am going to start off doing smaller shows like birthday parties and such, but work up to larger venues doing larger illusions and using an assistant. So tomorrow I have my first birthday party in over three years. I've practiced a few of the new tricks, but have aquired some of the tricks I have performed in the past and will do them as well. I am a little nervous, but I figure once I get going, it will be like old hat. I am looking forward to performing again.

I'm sure this is common that a lot of part time magicians take some time off and then get back in again. Did you feel like you needed to step it up a notch from when you performed before?
Dan
The Magic of Dan
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
Dan,
Best of luck amd congrats on your return. Yes, you are right! Each time I perform, I feel I must kick it up a notch.
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Good luck Dan.
Magic of Dan
View Profile
Regular user
St Charles, MO
115 Posts

Profile of Magic of Dan
Well my show went great! I was pretty nervous on the drive to the show, but that went away after a minute or two into the show. The mom and dad both asked me if I performed magic for a living. I confessed to them that this was my first show in three years since I had taken some time off. They couldn't believe it, they said they loved the show. I also got a $20 tip. The dad said he had never seen kids at the age sit so long and behave. He said I kept their attention the entire time. It really has given me a boost and am looking forward to doing more shows.
Dan
The Magic of Dan
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hey Dan,
Great to hear your show went so well. Sometimes being a little nervous before a show can be a good thing. I know with me, it makes me concentrate a bit harder and be more focused on the tricks. I wish you continued success with your plunge back into Magic.
Take care, Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First show tomorrow in over three years (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL