The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Complete Invocation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Wow! what great stuff, and I am not even half way through it! Reminds me of what I really like about Bizarre Magick! It prompts me to expand my little wuss stories to include much more background, both in the tale and the setting / props!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
When you finished with Invocation, may I counsel you to read Mary Tomich's Altar Flame. Smile
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
Any ideas on where to get it? I have found individual copies on ebay from time to time but that is about it.
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
The Complete Invocation (reprint) was published by Richard Kaufmann. You might check with a used magic book dealer like H & R.

The Complete Invocation is not complete, however. It stops before Tony Andruzzi turned it over to Docc Hilford. None of the issues when Docc was the editor have been reprinted.

If you have not read Christian Chelman's Capricornian Tales, it is also a "must read" for your list.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Do you know if those issues when Docc was the editor will be reprinted?
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
rondasue
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of rondasue
I was unclear. Any ideas on where to obtain a copy of the issues of Altar Flame? I have a few loose issues but nowhere close to a ocmplete run.

And I agree about the invocation and Mr. Chelman's fabulous tome.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
rondasue,

Denny and Lee's has a few copies of the Complete Invocation left. As for issues of the Altar Flame. . .as far as I know you can only get them through Mary Tomach. Unless, that is, someone is willing to give up their collection. . . don't look at me though;)

Mark
What would Wavy do?
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
Mary Tomich stopped publishing The Altar Flame some time ago (one year ago? two?). She has recently moved, and her website, Thaumysta, has yet to come back, but I'm told it will once she's settled again. I've heard rumors of Ms. Tomich considering publishing the entire run of The Altar Flame as a book, but that's just a rumor with no real time schedule. Let us hope.
Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
There are actually supposed to be two more issues of the Altar Flame forthcoming.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
At this point Docc Hilford has no intentions of doing a reprint of his involvement in The New Invocation. That is according to an e-mail conversation I had with him about this issue.
Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I await Mary's Return and the possibility of getting either copies, or a book if she decides to publish the Altar Flame! <sigh> had I but known of all this fine work 15 years ago!
(side note, Bizarremagick.com is up and running, and there are a couple books to be had there!)

Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
We are all waiting Mary Tomich's return...
(and bizarremagick.com, also) Smile
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Just a tip - anyone searching for this might have better luck if they use Compleat as the spelling, rather than Complete. I'm still looking for the bound volume 3 myself.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-09-14 23:33, Bill Fienning wrote:
The Complete Invocation (reprint) was published by Richard Kaufmann. You might check with a used magic book dealer like H & R.

The Complete Invocation is not complete, however. It stops before Tony Andruzzi turned it over to Docc Hilford. None of the issues when Docc was the editor have been reprinted.

If you have not read Christian Chelman's Capricornian Tales, it is also a "must read" for your list.

Bill, unless Richard corrected the Index, it is also in error. One contributor, who had a whole issue, was left out of the list of authors - me! At least, it as that way in the separate three volumes! The LEE DARROW ISSUE is there, but somehow, the esteemed Mr. Kaufmann managed to leave me out of the index, entirely.

Smile

I guess I must have done something to offend him.

;)

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Well, according to the fact that Richard Kaufman has Hauntics (Capricornian tales' first sequel) and doesn't publish it, we are probably both cursed... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Brother Chelman,
Unless you have signed a contract with Kaufman you should seek others to produce your work. Murphy's or L&L possibly. If you do have a contract with Kaufman you should press him on it.
People are waiting. :0)

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
No specific contract, but the others offer nothing (peanuts ?)...
In fact, we are currently waiting the French publication of the Compendium in mid october, this book closes my exploration in the world of bizarre magic. We'll probably make a complete book about this cycle (Including Legendes Urbaines, Blitz, Overblitz and the Compendium). Then, we will try to publish books for the "normal" readers. The Surnateum offers a wonderful field to develop.
With the Compendium, Benoit Drager (the graphist) and me have made one of the most beautiful book ever made in magic: the dream for any bizarrist Smile
Wait and see...
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2003-09-19 14:39, The Curator wrote:
Well, according to the fact that Richard Kaufman has Hauntics (Capricornian tales' first sequel) and doesn't publish it, we are probably both cursed... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

While sad, it's nice to know that I'm in such August company (even if it IS late September!) Smile

Kind regards,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
As far as I know Docc actually has the rights to the Complete Invocation. I think he is going to release the REAL Complete Invocation at a later time. I know a lot more to this story but I would rather not go into detail, it may not look good from a new member. Smile
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
I love to hear this story!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Complete Invocation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL