The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Head or tails (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-09-20 22:28, MxJoKeR wrote:
...It works way better and is alot easier than any other way...

My recommendation is to use whatever method is the most effective, not the method that's the easiest.

If you can't feel the coin a split second after it has landed and IMMEDIATELY show it (and I don't know how anyone could do that), you've armed the audience with a plausible explanation which the parabolic method avoids. Your experience may differ, but that's been my experience performing the effect using numerous methods including those that involve delays (versus the parabolic method which allows an immediate show).

Regards, Larry D.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Never thought about fliping without a sleight and the two gaffs.

There are old gambling coins for spinning (on a table top) that have heads and tails on each coin. They come in a set of two. One always lands heads up after the spin, and one always lands tail up after the spin. They are not double headed or double tailed coins though, they look legit. I have seen a set of silver quarters myself. I only know of one set of spinners that is still available and that is a nickle set.

Might be cool to incorporate spinners in a no gaff flip routine.....just to get the one two punch. Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
In The Amateur Magician's Handbook Henry Hay discusses this. His suggestion is a simple one: practice till you can flip the coin exactly the same way every time.

Simple enough.

;)
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Hmmm, and is Henry Hay's recommendation for center dealing to "use your favorite method?" Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I use TestaCroce and have extremely good control of the outcome even when it's contrary to what the spec would think. Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Rob, but that's a turnover, not a coin flip in the air.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Point Taken.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Quote:
If you are doing this as a bet, there is an old dodge that covers you, in this sense: you never lose, and you often win! Here's how: Use a Double-Tailed coin. . . . There are several other controlled tosses that I can detail eventually, but for now, this should get your brain going...

Bobby Knuckles explains several bets using DS'd coins along with other card and coin scams in "Beat 'em, Cheat'em, Leave'em Bleedin." I bought my copy from Bruce Walstad following a wonderful lecture at SEAM on Carnival Scams.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Head or tails (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL