The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tower of Dice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
It looks like Tenyo has posted an alternate presentation for this trick on their website (under Tips):
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/catalog/onsale/m-11594.html

It looks interesting but unfortunately, even with Google Translate I can can't really understand the instructions completely. Can anyone translate or figure out how the routine is supposed to work?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5133 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have it and its a great effect, easy to do.
Japanese is difficult.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Is the effect that the left tower of dice dissapeares and 'moves' to the right? I mean: put two towers on table - lift both and show dice under left tower - cover again, lift towers a second time and now the dice are on the right ... ?
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5133 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks Kjellstrom, but that is the standard routine. I believe xl18 is refering to a new/alternative handling of the props.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
2926 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Killertweety,believe you are correct.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Maybe it's possible to begin with 1 dice and make 2 dice appear, then take the 2 dice and make 4 appear, and then take 4 dice and make 8 dice appear.

For the tips on Tenyo site it's easy to undersand. You load the tube in similar way as the original routine. pull out the 4 dices, stack it and cover with the first tube (the cover). When you pull it you just have to hold the dices with your thumb because the cover have only 3 full side.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2011-12-17 09:39, stereo wrote:
Maybe it's possible to begin with 1 dice and make 2 dice appear, then take the 2 dice and make 4 appear, and then take 4 dice and make 8 dice appear.

I like this idea!!!
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Perhaps you can also do a "Space Towers" type of effect and have the dice jump from the tube to the cover one by one. Although the handling wouldn't be as clean as with Space Towers.

As for Tenyo's alternative method I believe you are correct the dice disappear from under the cover and appear under the tube. However, it looks like they then have you put the dice in your pocket where they travel back to the cover again so you can end cleanly.
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
I just bought the effect and it now has English instructions along with it. It's tricky to do to keep the 8 dice from falling over, but that makes it even better from an audience's point of view. I tell the audience I will try to stack the 4 dice without touching them. When I put the cover over it, it looks like I am cheating, BUT then I continue to lift the tube and 8 dice are stacked without me touching them. If they fall over, I say I failed but they still don't know where the extra dice came from. Yesterday I fooled some knowledgeable magicians even when I repeated it for them. Something I would never do for a lay audience.
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17288 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just bought this..It's good, but if they made the dice just 1 size larger,
the chance of them falling would be greatly reduced...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1456 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
The chance of them falling would reduce, but the handling would become more difficult (palming a bigger gimmick would be tougher).
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
This looks really cool! I like it. I'm ordering it...we will see.

-Nick
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Love this trick as do my fellow magicians who I have shown. Tempted to make a slighty larger version.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
Just got this today. Brilliant. Simple. Sooooo effective.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Think I have lost mine. Its so small, must have fallen out of my coat pocket Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Just got delivered today! Love it! Good call on this one guys!

-Nick
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
264 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I just got this and it seems kind of noisy to me. Does anyone have this problem or have any tips to minimize the noise during the final reveal?
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Noise is a common problem in many small and big effects: on the presentation video you never notice noise... but then, in the reality of the effect...

I do not own this trick: not bad, but in my opinion it's rather easy to understand by laymen too, that there is a "hidden" additional row of dice behind the one shown...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2506 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's not easy for laymen to understand if you perform it properly. And I don't recall noise being any problem in this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tower of Dice (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL