The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks that need a 'bottle' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

itsupyoursleeve
View Profile
New user
Ingleton, UK
63 Posts

Profile of itsupyoursleeve
Hi everyone
A friend and I are trying to come up with as many of these type of effects as possible, and any ideas would be grateful.

To explain a little more of what I'm talking about, I mean the type of effect where there is a possiblity of the trick going wrong but if it doesn't and you manage to pull it off you have a miracle. Added to that these type of effects very rarely have an 'out' so when they do come off, as a magician, you have a much bigger sense of achievement because of the 'bottle' it took to perform.

Any thoughts?
Paul
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4401 Posts

Profile of Paul
What about the one where you stand in the street and levitate surrounded by people and with no props. Of course its never worked for me yet but if it ever does I will have a great sense of achievement. Smile:)

Paul.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2036 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
My friend's grandfather always carried one deck with the Ace of Spades reversed in it whenever he performed another effect. If the spectator named the Ace of Spades, he aborted the original plan and produced the deck with the prepared card.

I suppose you could go so far as to get a real tatoo of your favorite card. If you asked 52 people a day, your odds of hitting would be pretty high!

alleycat
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
Quote:
On 2002-05-08 21:46, alleycat wrote:
My friend's grandfather always carried one deck with the Ace of Spades reversed in it whenever he performed another effect. If the spectator named the Ace of Spades, he aborted the original plan and produced the deck with the prepared card.

I suppose you could go so far as to get a real tatoo of your favorite card. If you asked 52 people a day, your odds of hitting would be pretty high!

alleycat
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Yes, it was my Grandfather who liked doing the ID so much he had another identical deck with only the Ace of Spades reversed. With this one he could of course hand the spectator the pack so they could find the card themselves.

I like this topic. It seems lots of effects have multiple outcomes but one is preferred over the other. Like in a free choice of 3 items where you know you are covered either way, but one finish seems much more magical.

I hope some others chime in on this thread. Is the subject alternate endings when the effect goes wrong, or adding a very special ending for an effect which already has several different outcomes?

I'm confused now.... Smile

Duke
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
Have you looked into any of Mark Mason's think a card effects? They have outs but you look like a god....well Mark doesn't but he's English...whadda ya expect?
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
erm, I did the vernon psychological force for a while. On card was "tatooed" to my chest, one on each arm, and the usual choice on my butt! (I was wearing a kilt, so exposing wasn't too difficult!!!)

Cheers

ML
armagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of armagic
Smile Smile Smile Smile
That takes bottle!!!
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
Check out Derren Browns effect with a lighter in Pure Effect.
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
dmb1025
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of dmb1025
You could do the scotch and soda in the bottle.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tricks that need a 'bottle' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL