We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "The Workers" Pledge (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
Remotea
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Remotea
Of course it is true and learning the history of magic is important, in all of it's forms.

"...The innuendo I made in that post was reprehensible and I expect that I will be deservedly crucified for posting it.

But you know what?

As bad as it may sound, right now it brings a smile to my face to know that Andrew xxxxxx was beaten into submission by someone he seriously believes is a moron and an idiot. Someone he believes is far below his own level of intelligence. And it's even funnier that he didn't have the smarts to check the IP's before he took action.

And Andrew? For the record, my membership number in Mensa is 1061061, so I don't really qualify as a moron or idiot...."

-Steven Youell, aka Jerry Lukins

Nice guy.

The full apology can easily be found with a quick search on the net.
Muddy Dench
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Muddy Dench
Besides the fact that this is a nonsense thread, I note that K2K (that's Keys to the Kingdom) still hasn't been produced. Hmmmmm. How long has it been? Take the Pledge, boys. Take the Pledge.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2025 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Muddy Dench wrote:
Besides the fact that this is a nonsense thread, I note that K2K (that's Keys to the Kingdom) still hasn't been produced. Hmmmmm. How long has it been? Take the Pledge, boys. Take the Pledge.


Old news. The horse is dead. What's your point?
1tepa1
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Muddy Dench wrote:
Besides the fact that this is a nonsense thread, I note that K2K (that's Keys to the Kingdom) still hasn't been produced. Hmmmmm. How long has it been? Take the Pledge, boys. Take the Pledge.


I don't understand how Stevens actions have anything to do with the pledge itself. It is an idea. Whether he followed the idea himself does not disqualify it.

I have heard that Steven had a some type of a mental breakdown, even a mental illnes that suddendly surfaced. Does anyone have more information about this?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2014, Muddy Dench wrote:
Besides the fact that this is a nonsense thread, I note that K2K (that's Keys to the Kingdom) still hasn't been produced. Hmmmmm. How long has it been? Take the Pledge, boys. Take the Pledge.


Come on, you've been lurking around here for long enough to know the d***ed story. In fact you've commented in a few threads about Steven and it's getting really old. Grow up, okay? Oh, and The Pledge doesn't prevent commenting on obvious s*** stirring which it seems you are doing.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I think The Pledge (why is it capitalized?) is inane.

What is wrong with just telling the truth?

I know I am new, but what the hell?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
ZakKnapper UK
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ZakKnapper UK
I'm in without an argument
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
542 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
I think The Pledge (why is it capitalized?) is inane.

What is wrong with just telling the truth?

I know I am new, but what the hell?


I believe the intent of this thread is to remind to treat others with respect. Nothing wrong with telling the truth, but the criticism can be constructive.

This should be a given, but unfortunately this hasn't been the case and this place has seen a lot of great people leave because of it.

I think a certain wise man named Spongebob Squarepants said it best when he said "don't be a jerk".
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1561 Posts

Profile of Claudio
This thread was/is just laughable when one of the main transgressors to 'the pledge' was the OP himself.

Here what I wrote on this very same thread a few years back:

'I find this thread naive. In any case the Café has an etiquette we all implicitly agree to when we join and it says among other things:

"However, like a real Café, we do expect you to act like ladies and gentlemen and show good manners and courtesy while visiting. Thank you."

That surely should be enough to diffuse most issues. Taking another pledge is not going to make any difference - I bet.'
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK .. I'll take The Pledge!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Smile Sounds good to me, too. Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
sleightskullduggery
View Profile
New user
VT, USA
30 Posts

Profile of sleightskullduggery
I'm in.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3186 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I added the pledge to my signature early on and it really has helped to remind me not to get into emotional one on ones with people. I still will debate and argue my point but I always consider the other readers and not just that one guy who may have pushed my buttons.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com



I took the Pledge
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
Count me in!
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
343 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
I'm in!
PeterOwens
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
62 Posts

Profile of PeterOwens
I'm in, maybe new here but agree 100% with the stated above. Thanks

-P
RJLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
162 Posts

Profile of RJLockwood
Great post, I'm in!
The more I learn, the less I seem to know.
Geeraff12
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
68 Posts

Profile of Geeraff12
I'm in
1tepa1
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of 1tepa1
Does anyone know how Steven is doing nowdays?
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of necro555
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2016, 1tepa1 wrote:
Does anyone know how Steven is doing nowdays?



It appears that Steven Youell will be doing an online lecture at the Magician's Forum soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "The Workers" Pledge (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL