The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Kalamazoo Magicians Meeting 1-14-2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The KaZoo Chapter of The Fellowship of Christian Magicians will be meeting for the FIRST TIME on Saturday, January 14, 2012 from 10AM-12:30PM at Lighthouse Community Church, 4321 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009 http://www.DiscoverLighthouseChurch.com This new Chapter will meet six times a year on the second Saturday of each ODD numbered month (January, March, May, July, September and November) at 10AM at Lighthouse Community Church. No dues- and all welcome! This first meeting will be attended by magicians from all over Southwest Michigan including Sheldon Rhodes, Alan Kazam, Rick Howell and whoever else we can get to show up! MagicBob Zoerman will be presenting a brand new 90 minute Gospel magic lecture which includes lecture notes and props- this is the same lecture he is presenting January 29 in Combatore, Tamil Nadu, India (over 120 magicians already registered for that). So bring your magic to share, show, swap or sell- we hope to see you there in Kalamazoo! Merry Christmas everyone! Roger Bus from http://www.ChristianMagician.org
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I have gotten quite a few positive responses via email, I think there could be a pretty good sized group showing up for this first meeting. Hope to see you there- or please do a shout out to your friends that you may know in the SW Michigan area... Should be a great morning with a 90 minute Gospel magic lecture by MagicBob, some sharing of Gospel routines by others, and even we hope to have a few items showing up for sale (including anything you might bring to sell that you don't need anymore). Fired Up!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Wow- MagicBob just emailed me- SuZie will be doing a chalk art demonstration as part of this Saturday morning's 10AM 90 minute Gospel magic lecture. It also turns out that many years ago Kalamazoo did have a FCM Chapter Charter- and it has been approved to be "reinstated". So we will not have to wait to become an official FCM Chapter. We will send a photo to the Voice of the FCM of the initial group this Saturday- hopefully this will encourage more FCM Chapters to start up. All Welcome this Saturday at 10AM at Lighthouse Community Church in Kalamazoo- see you there!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The FCM Chapter Meeting in Kalamazoo will still be held this Saturday at 10AM at Lighthouse Community Church in spite of the 4-8 inches of new snow predicted here for tomorrow. Tim Marsh has said he will be there too with 4 tables of used magic for inexpensive resale, including of all things an original Abbott's "Cutting A Girl Into Six" illusion. Yowsa, bring your wallet.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Well we had 15 show up this morning for the KaZoo FCM Chapter even though it was snowing when the meeting was held (and over a foot of new snow had fallen in the previous 15 hours). So the folks that came had a great time with a fabulous 90 minute lecture by MagicBob & SuZie and then shopping through over 4 tables full of used magic for sale (and much of it custom made Gospel magic too). At our next meeting on March 10, Tim Marsh will be doing at least a one hour lecture on comedy and Gospel magic. Hopefully the weather will cooperate better- all welcome! Tim's web site is http://www.hermanhollow.com and is with Independent Children's Bible Mission.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Upcoming events at the FCM KaZoo Chapter (in addition to your ideas to share, items to sell or swap, routines to show, and snacky snacks):

March 10: Tim Marsh Gospel and comedy magic lecture plus India tour review by MagicBob and SuZie
May 12: Sheldon Rhodes Gospel magic lecture
July 14: Roger Magic Bus doing his 45 minute "plays big but packs small" Gospel magic program

All welcome- Lighthouse Community Church at 10AM in Kalamazoo, Michigan
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
609 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Roger-
I'm glad you've posted some of the upcoming dates and topics/speakers. We may be planning a trip to Michingan to visit friends and I'll keep those dates in mind if we are able to make the trip fall on one of those dates - I'd love to come check out your meeting and meet or see a few folks I haven't seen in a few years.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Jamie- I was REALLY pleased we had 15 show up for our first KaZoo meeting- right in the middle of a morning snow storm. So I am anticipating even possibly more to be there on March 10 (our next meeting).

Since our KaZoo group is just starting up, we are concentrating on the next three meetings having good content right now (with planned lectures) but still leaving time for people to share ideas or routines or being able to sell anything they'd like. Down the road apiece- we may plan some Saturday morning outreaches doing a show maybe for a nearby huge housing project (our church does ongoing events there) or we may meet again over at the cable access filming center to make more footage for http://www.ChristianMagician.org It is fun doing this- we had a great time our first meeting and was well worthwhile to attend Smile
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I thought I'd share this special memory of what happened today. FCM President Del Wilson was in Marion, Indiana at IWU to plan for this year's FCM convention. Del decided to drive 3 hours north to meet me at The American Museum of Magic in Marshall, Michigan. The weather even cooperated.

Museum Director Jeff Taylor opened the doors just for us- and we spent 3 hours there in both the museum proper and in the library research building a block over. WOW, what a blast. We had our pictures taken with all kinds of stuff- in front of the Andre' Kole posters, in front of one of the rarest Houdini posters in the world (and his underwater escape trunk), even took some pictures of Steve Varro's old brochures from years and years ago (the Musuem maintains files on thousands of magicians). We took a picture of and handled of one of the most famous and prized magic books in the world- "The Discovery of Witchcraft"- which is mis-named- in it are exposures of how rigged props (such as trick knives) are used to do "witchcraft."

We looked at all kinds of orginal props and packing crates of Houdini, Blackstone, Lester Lake, Jay Marshall, Dornfield, Cummings, Thurston, and we even looked at Robert Houdin's wand. Just a remarkable museum- the library portion is like a regular sized library (and it is housed in a former public library)- except ALL the books and magazines are about magic! Rows and rows of magazines, newpaper clippings, posters, books, figurines, medals, you name it. They even had a "FCM file" full of old newspaper clippings and magazine articles.

I was impressed they had former FCM President John de Vries' signed copy of a little prepublication booklet he wrote entitled "Fighting the Devil with Magic." President Del donated for their collection a copy of each of the dozen books he has written over the years. So if you ever stop in there, bring anything you can of yourself or others that you'd like to see included in this vast collection (or you can mail it to them as well). Kinda neat knowing that what you send in will be preserved in an enormous historical collection of all the "greats" of magic: past, present and future. Smile
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Just another shameless plug: Looking forward to seeing as many as can get to Kalamazoo on March 10 at 10AM: Tim Marsh is lecturing on Gospel magic (see above) Tim's site is http://www.hermanhollow.com Yes, I will bring a kazoo too.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Turns out some students from nearby Heritage Christian Academy will be there to watch Tim Marsh in action- should be a great KaZoo FCM meeting on March 10. MagicBob also will be doing his Power Point presentation on his and SuZie's recent exciting trip to India (where one program was televised and aired to an estimated 100,000+!)- the same presentation MagicBob is doing tonight for Ring 211 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Hope you see you in Kalamazoo on March 10 at Lighthouse Community Church- fired up!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
We had 17 attenders last Saturday at the FCM KaZoo Chapter for a terrific PowerPoint presentation by MagicBob and SuZie on their recent trip to India (an incredible 7,500 in one audience alone- plus the program was televised to another 100,000). Amazing stuff with huge numbers at many of their shows. Tim Marsh also did his lecture with some funny gag items (including his toilet paper canon), puppets and more ideas on how to connect with a children's audience.

Next up is the Saturday, May 12 meeting at 10AM at Lighthouse Community Church with a full lecture by Sheldon Rhodes. At the July 14 meeting, yours truly will be doing his "packs small plays big" presentation.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The KaZoo Chapter of the FCM is meeting next on May 12, at 10AM, at Lighthouse Community Church in Kalamazoo. Experienced long time pro Gospel magician, puppeter and juggler SHELDON RHODES will be lecturing- please feel free to join us! Sheldon writes: "I'm looking looking forward to being with all of you May 12. I have some things to share that I have not taught before. I can't wait to hear what I have to say. Some of it may be good. Just in case though, I will also be sharing some other things that I have taught at some other conferences that people at least let on like they liked it. So you will have to be the judge. In any case, I'm planning on having a good time and looking forward to seeing each of you." Should be a hoot!

After May 12, our next meeting is July 14 at which Roger Magic Bus will be doing his new "packs small plays big" Gospel magic program entitled "Incredible Predictions!" Our KaZoo FCM Chapter has no rules, no dues, no agenda. If you have ideas to share, routines to perform, or stuff to sell- or if you just like to fellowship with other magicians- be there!-all welcome!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The next KaZoo Chapter of the FCM is meeting July 14, 2012 at Lighthouse Community Church in Kalamazoo at 10AM. I will be doing my new "Incredible Predictions" Gospel magic program, and Jack Alexander will be doing a full one hour lecture. In September, our meeting date is being pushed back a week to September 15 at 10AM- we will be filming at that meeting at Lighthouse video segments for future cable access programs for Comcast Channel 12 out of Paw Paw, Michigan (where our programs air daily at 8AM and 8PM).
see http://www.ChristianMagician.org
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The November 10, 2012 meeting of the KaZoo Chapter of the FCM will be at the Evergreen South Clubhouse, 2900 Crystal Lane, Oshtemo, Michigan at 10AM, with a free Gospel magic and puppet show for the many kids of this large apartment complex from 11AM-12:30PM. See you in Kalamazoo on July 14, September 15 and November 10- all FCMers welcome! (see above for meeting details). The November 10 program will also be videotaped for http://www.ChristianMagician.org
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Oh Oh, we may have to change the date again for the September meeting of the KaZoo FCM Chapter- will keep you posted. May have to be bumped to another date due to scheduling conflicts.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
We just CONFIRMED today we WILL be filming on Saturday, September 15, 2012, from 10AM-12:30PM, at Lighthouse Community Church in Kalamazoo our next "Magic with a Message!" cable access show. So this is one week later than our normal second Saturday of the odd numbered months meeting time. This will take the place of our regular FCM KaZoo Chapter meeting. Our next meeting after that will be on November 10 at the Evergreen South apartment complex clubhouse in Oshtemo at 10AM- where we will be presenting an outreach show for the kids there as part of our regular KaZoo Chapter meeting.

So any FCMers are welcome to join us on 9-15-2012 for filming our next program which should be posted to http://www.ChristianMagician.org in October. Already committed to be at this filming date is MagicBob and SuZie, the Bible Blabbers Puppet Team, Roger Magic Bus, children's author Carol Clark, plus any other of our FCM KaZoo Chapter folks that show up with stuff to be filmed. Should be alotta fun! Hope to see you there- and bring something for us to film will you? (or you just might end up being a called up to be an audience volunteer for the program- we need spectators too!).
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
The KaZoo Chapter of the FCM will be meeting on Saturday, November 10, 2012, from 10AM-11:30AM at the beautiful Mattawan High School Auditorium in Mattawan, Michigan. We will not be having our normal FCM meeting at Lighthouse Community Church. MagicBob (magic)and SuZie (chalk art), Alan Kazam (magic), Roger Magic Bus (magic), and The Bible Blabbers Puppet Team are scheduled to present a program (open to the public) on behalf of the Mattawan Area Food Bank. All invited to attend.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Our next "regularly scheduled" KaZoo Chapter of the FCM is being pushed back two weeks as MagicBob, SuZie, my wife and I will be on the Creativity as Sea Cruise. So our next regular meeting will be at Lighthouse Church on Saturday, January 26, 2013, at 10AM. See above as to our November 10 meeting.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Yep, the KaZoo Chapter of the FCM meeting schedule for 2013 is as follows:
*** January 26: Lighthouse Community Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan 10AM-Noon
*** March 9: Lighthouse Community Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan 10AM-Noon. Special lecture by Virginia Paulson aka "Holly Lulu"
*** May 11: Lighthouse Community Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan 10AM-Noon.
No meeting in July: will be at the 2013 FCM convention July 8-12 at Lipscomb University, Nashville, Tennessee.
**** September 14: Lighthouse Community Church, Kalamazoo, Michigan 10AM-Noon.
**** November 9: It's possible we will be meeting at Evergreen South Clubhouse, 10AM-Noon, 2900 Crystal Lane, Osthemo, Michigan for a special outreach program. If not, we will be meeting at Lighthouse Community Church.

For details, contact Roger Bus at RBusPs67@aol.com No dues, no rules! All welcome! Bring items, ideas or food to share, perform, sell or trade. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Kalamazoo Magicians Meeting 1-14-2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL