We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Absolute Best Kid's Stage Effect... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Fraidy Cat Rabbit. One of the few props I've kept from my kids shows days.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2011-12-22 20:36, Al Angello wrote:
Michael Messing
Everybody does a coloring book routine. Do you have a video of your routine?

Al, I do not have a video of the routine but it's not just my routine that makes it special, it's the coloring book I have. It's a 5-way coloring book but I have the only 2 copies of this coloring book that I've ever seen. I've had numerous magicians ask me where I got the coloring book because they've never seen this version. It's an extremely well thought out and logical routine. Everything that occurs makes sense.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Ken-- I like that! I might just use that name. does that mean when and if I ever release my routine to the magic community that you will want royalties for the name!? LOL
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2312 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
No, its a freebie. Glad you like it.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I have a remote control snake basket, I don’t use it for the card trick; I put the loose snake in the basket and ask the kids to tell me if it tries to get out.

Every time I raise it, the kids go nuts; I lower it and look, and tell them I don’t see it; they go nuts every time it goes up in the basket.

All I really need to do is show up with the snake basket and the rabbits and it’s all I would need to perform with and they will be happy
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
My eight foot appearing straw from bag.
todd
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3645 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
For younger audiences, the Kandu Carton. For older kids, a comedy card in balloon routine using picture cards,

Jim
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
I get a lot of reactions from doing the Misers Dream routine.

On 2011-12-22 12:45, Brian Lehr wrote:
Benny the Bunny routine.

Jaws don't drop from amazement, but they do drop as the kids scream with laughter. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciDrzeIWGc

Brian

Great routine. I have the same rabbit in hat myself. I got it this year. I do not like how the little round circles come off so easy.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I would say my Micro Clean, which is a modernized Wiz Kote Machine. See the attached pic. Secondly, I would say Barry Mitchell's Can Opener - Because it fills a large stage...

Click here to view attached image.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Tony, I agree Can opener fills the stage, but I find it is a long routine that doesn't have the impact it could, the middle lags...any hints on how to make this trick a top trick?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Would I be able to program the board for art-o-magic for a different routine? Has anybody done so?
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Hey Randy - About the Can Opener... I think playing up the repeated Duck funnies helps the routine in the middle. Move it along in a speedy way, don't let it get bogged down. Also, really build up the ending, "If we find a SHARK with a BOW TIE that is RED - I think this crowd will stand and give you an incredible round of applause. Make the child the hero.

One other point, I noticed that I had the absolute best result with this effect during my last show. It was a mother / son event. So, I had four boys on stage and about 50% of the audience was adults (moms). This is the absolute best case scenario. Moms love to see their children selected as helpers on stage. To use 4 of them at once was pure gold. The effect is a little diminished when it is a children's show only, with only a few adults. They are less enamored by seeing one of their own kind on stage, just an observation.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I'd say it depends on the audience. Stage shows for kids might be aimed at toddlers, pre-schoolers, 4-6 year-olds, 5-10 year olds, all ages, etc.
One routine I do which encompasses most of these age ranges is my "How to be a Pirate" routine. This involves several kids and one adult, who are put through their paces as apprentice pirates. There are several magical moments, which vary depending on the ages involved.
Generally speaking, stage routines which involve several volunteers tend to be very strong...as long as the routine is entertaining and carefully-crafted.
Potty
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
For me it has to be the routine I open my show with; which is Taco my Axtell Expressions Hands Free Vent Toucan or my ending routine which is a 3 trick production of a real bunny, using a production box to produce a bunny puppet, and then putting that into a rabbit wringer, producing a flat bunny and then changing that to a real bunny using a circus wagon.
Lachlan Davis
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Lachlan Davis
I would do mutilated parasol.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks Tony, I think I just need to tighten it up and run it a bit faster to get better impact...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1424 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Wolf's Blow Yur Stack, Three Cup Monte (Practical Magic sl--h effect with water), Nick Wenger snake basket, Great Painting Competition (Practical Magic), Wolf's ABC Recombobulator, Barry Mitchell Trash to Treasure, Tim Sonnefelt Tortoise and Hare with Nick Wenger doorbell ringer gag, Kandu Knot Funny and Comedy Box
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Wow!... to have our magic included in this list is a real honor. Happy New Year from Axtell Expressions! Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
It is an honor to have something you invented not only be popular with other magicians, but to have them say it is one of "the absolute best kid's Effects." I thanks you for the continued support, and here's wishing everyone here on the Café a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Regards,
Jef
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
I actually have a question. Is the EZ hat loader any good for kid shows?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Absolute Best Kid's Stage Effect... (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL