The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Stone - cheats on his video!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I don't know if this is considered "fair" on teaching videos, but on David Stone's Coin Magic vol 1, he definitely cheats - that is, does something in the "performance" section which is not matched in the "explanation"...

Let me explain...

Go to the second trick on vol. 1, "A Little Trick". There he makes a pen vanish as he taps the coin, using the old "behind the ear" technique. According to his explanation, as he turns to reveal where the pen is, he slips the coin into his jacket pocket. BUT - look at the performance: his hand comes nowhere NEAR his jacket pocket - he must have either a hook coin, or just dump it onto the floor, or use some other technique that I'm not familiar with.

Similarly, when he comes to vanish the pen, it's supposed to go into his pocket under cover of the turn, but in performance he doesn't do this, obviously: again it's ditched on the floor or somewhere else.

Is this common in teaching videos?
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Eric Da Redd
View Profile
New user
Richmond VA
1 Post

Profile of Eric Da Redd
Hey Ross,

I wish to disagree with your view of Stones Routine. I own the videos and have seen him perform the trick in which you refer to live. And it is as deceptive as on the video!!!

The vanish of the pen, (which is one of the most deceptive portions of the routine) is aided due to the fact that his index finger is extended, and the other fingers push the pen into the pocket!!! Sounds impossible but it is true. I have been using it in my close up work for three years now and it is an excellent piece of impromptu magic!!!

Hope that you will go back and study the performance segment again and give the routine another chance!!!

magically yours,

Eric Jones

P.S.
The same is true of the coins vanishing.... the entire hand doesn't have to be out of sight for the fingers to slide the coin into the pocket. No trick coins!!!
Greetings to all coinmen of the world!!!!
Feel free to e-mail me with discussions on all aspects of coin magic at
ericdaredd2002@yahoo.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Eric

I don't doubt David Stone's skill, but I can only assume you haven't seen the tape; in it - with the benefit of repeated video viewings - it is clear that, in this demo, he definitely doesn't put it in his pocket. Really! Watch the tape and you'll see: if you don't have it anyway, it's worth getting!

Even if he cheats...

Best wishes
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » David Stone - cheats on his video!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL