The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Did another one bites the dust, bite the dust??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Myself and other people I know will soon leave the Café if this keep on happening without explanation.
Why take the time and bother to write if it just magically vanish??
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Are their other forums to migrate to? The Café is incredible, and from what I have seen, no forum compares.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 12:52, Ezzet wrote:
Myself and other people I know will soon leave the Café if this keep on happening without explanation.

Well... see you later... because it's not going to change.
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Hey Guys,

Being the person who actually started the "Another One Bites The Dust" thread, Dave, the Assistant Manager here at the Café was kind enough to PM me about the thread being deleted. It was deleted because of the actual description and subsequent "comments" regarding a magic dealer:
Quote:
Aside from the flames and inuendo in the bmagic posts, the rules clearly state that no discussions concerning dealers will be allowed.

I respect and appreciate the fact that Dave took the time to respond to me and explain the reasoning behind the deletion of the thread. While I feel in this case this dealers actions and comments went WAY outside the realm of appropriate behavior and having them there for the record was good for people to see who they may choose to do business with, I can respect that one of the primary forum rules relates to the discussion of dealers. This person even went to my website, called me via my 800 number to insult me and try to bully me, then when I refused to engage him on the phone, went to my contact page and sent me further insults via my contact form...enough said.

TTrushin,
I'll PM you regarding your comment and question...

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:

Umm...the forum states that threads deleted will be without explanation. I presume that rule popped up at the very beginning of the Café, after about the third big snit-fight over why threads were deleted. I would imagine arguments about the validity of those reasons would be unending. Any explanations given are a courtesy. I treat them as such, and I appreciate them...but don't mind if explanations are not given. Life is too interesting to spend hang-time on the unimportant.

Regarding your second sentence...what percent of threads are you complaining about? 1/2 of 1 percent? I'll take the risk and if something I write gets zapped, it's probably because I wrote before I thought, or somebody revealed a method, or something litigious arose. No matter...the place is still worth its weight in gold. If not, well, see you down the road. Be well. No need to go off angry, tho.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
For all its faults the Café is still by far the best magical resource out there IMO--- by a mile.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 13:07, TTrushin wrote:
Are their other forums to migrate to? The Café is incredible, and from what I have seen, no forum compares.

I agree ... no forum compares.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Why can dealers come on here and say they have good customer service but no one can refute it? Just curious
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On 2011-12-23 18:30, lunatik wrote:
Why can dealers come on here and say they have good customer service but no one can refute it? Just curious

Oh that's easy.. Because they give money to the Café for advertising.
Money talks!
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Lunatik,

Good point sir, especially when it's beyond the realm of just poor customer service as I believe it is in this particular case. Best advice in this instance...Let The Buyer BEWARE!!!
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bye! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
James

Quote:
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
There are actually some pretty good forums out there. The rub is they are not searchable by search engine or open directly to any idiot with a magic wand.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Did another one bites the dust, bite the dust??? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL