The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » To buy or not to buy... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
About a month or so ago, a well-known magician was selling his products, off his site, for an advertised 20% off. He had a downloadable pdf coin routine that I was looking at, that normally sells for $10... which on sale would only be $8. As I was going through the PayPal purchase, at no time did it give me the advertised 20% discount. I canceled the PayPal purchase before I got to the end.

I emailed the magician right away and received... no response. I emailed him again, a few days later... still no reply.

I've purchased "more expensive" items from this magician in the past and I'm a little annoyed he didn't have the decency to get back to me over this problem. His lack of customer service insures that I will never buy any more of his products, no matter what the price, in the future.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
shaihorowitz0
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of shaihorowitz0
You were right not to buy but without knowing who the magician was (so I wouldn't do business there) or you asking any questions, I'm not sure the purpose of the post.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Sometimes things slip through the cracks when it comes to Paypal and discounts. But more importantly, perhaps give the guy the benefit of the doubt, particularly if you've received good products and service in the past. As more than one has pointed out in similar situations, magicians who also peddle their wares would benefit from an assistant to take care of the commerce side of their businesses. Many lose touch with their emails and retail side when traveling. A month? Sounds like you may be right to be upset, but for $2 (yes, I know, it's the principle of the thing) if you really want the product and based on your previous experience with him, buy it and ask for a refund of the discounted price or on a future purchase.

Just my 2 cents.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Are you sure there wasn't a discount code you needed to type in somewhere? Sometimes too, there will be another item you have to add to the list to get the discount, such as add a "promotional item" to your cart that is nothing more than telling the system to discount 2$ . Some people don't know this, so I only mention it just in case.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » To buy or not to buy... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL