The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's your favorite use of ESP cards? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1582 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 18:52, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 17:20, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 17:05, celebrity wrote:
Another vote for Jazz Mentalism by Dave Humphrey super clean super effective can't think of anything stronger! Smile

I'm not familiar with the routine so I can't comment on its effectiveness. When it came out, though, I was a bit disturbed with the title he chose. "Jazz Mentalism" is a phrase I coined and used as the title of my work involving specific approaches to Q&A. It is also the title of my Q&A workshop.

Good thoughts,

Bob

I'm more than a little disturbed by it, and I'm not even you.

Add me to the list. Two exceptions: as a legendary effect/routine that has become so wide spread that creative minds put their spin on it in which case it should be, say, "X's variant on Cassidy's classic Jazz Mentalism," or as a generic term particular form of mentalism (not a specific effect), which should be attributed to Bob Cassidy.

Wait! One more! Perhaps as the name of a spectacular single barrel bourbon . . .
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I just invented a new card trick and am thinking of calling it "Out of this World." Same situation, I think.

:eek:

I agree about the bourbon.

Jazzily yours,

Bob
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12058 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 21:50, mastermindreader wrote:
I just invented a new card trick and am thinking of calling it "Out of this World." Same situation, I think.

Jazzily yours,

Bob

Yeah need more tricks, lovin it:)
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2313 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
A participant and performer standing some distance away from each other back towards the other; each are standing facing their own small table with nothing on it but a glass bowl of water. The participant thinks of an ESP symbol (selected from a chart). The performer names each of the symbols one at a time; when the participant hears the one she is thinking of named, she draws the symbol on the surface of the water in the bowl in front of her. The performers now studies the water in his own bowl for a moment and then drops a blank piece of paper into his bowl. As the paper sinks, the participant's thought of symbol appears on the paper.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 22:01, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:

Jazzily yours,

Bob

Yeah need more tricks, lovin it:)

If I gotta explain the jokes I'm doing something wrong!

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:

That's a very poor analogy, Bob. Paul Curry was a huge name in magic, and his "Out of This World" is extremely well-known among magicians.

[/irony]
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I am just starting to use them in conjunction with Harlan's 'Speakeasy.'

Is the "kindling effect" written up some where? Smile

Lyndel
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2237 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
"What's your favorite use of ESP cards?"

Igniting them to light very expensive maduro cigars while performing mindreading.....

Bryn
*POST-PANDEMIC SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 22:57, mindhunter wrote:

Igniting them to light very expensive maduro cigars while performing mindreading.....

Bryn

And then reveal using ashes to arm, I guess Smile
karlito
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of karlito
I enjoy making card castles out of them and reinacting that scene out of Ghostbusters. Apart from that Viewed ESP prediction ( I think that's its title) from Richard Osterlind's mind mysteries is a cool effect.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1789 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Bob, Dave's effect is such titled as the effect itself is different every time you perform it. I'm positive that he was not aware of your coinage when he decided to title the effect. I'm sure that you will forgive his oversight, and hope on his behalf that you didn't remain disturbed by this for too long!

Best Wishes Michael Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2237 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 08:24, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 22:57, mindhunter wrote:

Bryn

And then reveal using ashes to arm, I guess Smile

Nah, mindreading, not MAGIC!....lol

Bryn
*POST-PANDEMIC SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
537 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey

I like performing "Twisting the Squares."

-Mark
DaveS
View Profile
Veteran user
New York
329 Posts

Profile of DaveS
Quote:
On 2011-12-29 15:03, Thomas Cooper wrote:
I lay down 5 ESP cards, then she lays down her 5. They match impossibly. It looks so real, and is so simple in essence that it hits them right between the eyes!

Tom
xx

Just picked up a set of Paralabs ESP cards from Tannens. I'd like to present the effect described above and would welcome suggestions for a strong routine including source (book, dvd, standalone purchase, ebook, etc.). Thanks.
Dave
We shall not cease from exploration/And the end of all our exploring/Will be to arrive where we started/And know the place for the first time. (TS Elliot)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9460 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have found that a subtle demonstration of ability is better than a slam-dunk. Everyone can believe in some enhanced ESP ability, but too much shouts "trick." One of my favorites is for new lovers or engaged couples. Demonstrate the 20% normal expection accuracy -- then have them hold hands so that the selection is "empathically enhanced." Now the result climbs to 40% or so and they have as story to tell forever. Go over 60% and the excitement fades to "just entertainment."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 16:01, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
My favorite use for ESP cards,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_lljnqk......a_player

Excellent, Tony! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
n361128
View Profile
New user
Lytham
81 Posts

Profile of n361128
Best use is keep it simple - you put first card down etc and they all match - beyond esp - I have also got some where you don't use a "gimmick" but you generally have to pick up the stacks of cards - but again simple - the 5 cards match
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What's your favorite use of ESP cards? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL