We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New Law In Nevada (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
Effective Jan.1,2012 ...All fire performers and entertainers using fire in their act must apply to the state fire marshall
for a certificate of registration.

Just what we need... ANOTHER regulation.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
That could be a good thing.It will keep the "wanabes" away.
jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
Burning themselves generally does that!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5113 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Burning others also does it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Unless it is with white phosphorus, then it is business as usual...
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I wonder how long it will be until it happens in other states.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Regulation isn't a bad thing... for those who do whatever is being regulated properly. In 2002 Philadelphia put forth regulations for tatto and body piercing shops. Anyone not certified and any shop without certificates not only gets shut down, but the people are subject to fines and even jail time. Now, we have 2 shops in Bucks County, not regulated... I can't tell you how many times I have to fix messed up piercings done by unskilled kids working out of their houses and/or dirty shops. Kudos Nevada! Anyone who DOESN't like government enforced regulation may want to take a good look at all the safety devices madated in your vehicles. Nevada fire performers, get your manure together and do it right!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Quote:
On 2012-01-02 07:50, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Regulation isn't a bad thing... for those who do whatever is being regulated properly. In 2002 Philadelphia put forth regulations for tatto and body piercing shops. Anyone not certified and any shop without certificates not only gets shut down, but the people are subject to fines and even jail time. Now, we have 2 shops in Bucks County, not regulated... I can't tell you how many times I have to fix messed up piercings done by unskilled kids working out of their houses and/or dirty shops. Kudos Nevada! Anyone who DOESN't like government enforced regulation may want to take a good look at all the safety devices madated in your vehicles. Nevada fire performers, get your manure together and do it right!

Anyone who would trade Freedom for Security deserves neither...I don't need my Goverment to protect me from shooting myself in the foot...I watched the 3-stooges as a Kid and never ran a Skill saw over my Buddy's head...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-02 11:31, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
Anyone who would trade Freedom for Security deserves neither...I don't need my Goverment to protect me from shooting myself in the foot...I watched the 3-stooges as a Kid and never ran a Skill saw over my Buddy's head...

I agree, I am not saying to trade on for another. They are both equally important and necessary, in my opinion. But the Skill saw thing, now I have an idea for a new act!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Just in, 40,000 new laws across the country. 40,000
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I don't deserve this much government!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Why not? You should get your moneys worth.... IF you pay taxes. If not, then I'm glad you're getting my moneys worth.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
647 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Speaking of new laws across the country, our state just put out a few for us as well. One such law is going to be hard to enforce. It has to do with golf carts. They give all these regulations, but they also mention about the weight of the cart. Get real. We don't carry scales with us to see if it is over the recommended weight.

I agree with Nipps. Some regulations are good. All my daughter's have tattoos and body piercings. They went to a reputable shop to get them. No infections from the piercings and the tattoos are very beautiful.

Glenn
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I'm part of the 53% and would like to see a tax to benefit analysis.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Glenn, so the golf cart thing.... reminds me of a debate I've been having regarding new cell phone law. How can you, as a police officer, prove that the person you pulled over was texting while driving? Do you have the right to sequester their cell phone on the spot and check to see if it was used? Or is it something you have to witness? What if my head was down (as if I was texting) but really lighting a cigar, or opening a sandwich? I think you guys should carry scales. Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Here in WA the 'burden of proof' is on the defendant in traffic hearings. That means if you get a ticket for texting while driving then it's up to you to prove through 'preponderance of evidence' that you weren't texting.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
That means if you get pulled over for texting, don't hit send. That way you can use the phone records as evidence.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Long as you can prove it was the same phone Smile
~Will Rogers
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

What phone? I have a CB radio with an 8 track player. What's this "cell phone" you speak of?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
A "cell phone" is what prisoners want. Ideally, a "cell picture phone."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » New Law In Nevada (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL