We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Last name with food (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3013 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Was thinking about strange names and could not get food names out of my head. It started with wise guy names like Tommy Salami and Stevie Bones. So it got me thinking. Let's use common first names and food names for last names and come up with a cast of characters for the next goodfellas film. I'll start it off:
Tommy Tortolini
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Danny Archer does a gangster character called Gino Mozzarella.

So it looks like you've been beaten to the punch.

I'm not sure why you want us to list food names. Obviously they sound like Italian gangsters because you're picking Italian foods. I wouldn't be quite so scared of Bob Sandwich or Arnold Cherrypie.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3013 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
So if you re read my post, you would see why a Bob Sandwich would not make the cut for a cast of characters unless of course you were writing a script for a childrens book. Beaten to the punch? I was not looking for a Magi character and Im certain Danny developed his character along the same idea as the strange names and funny names we have all seen and read many times in movies and print.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Yeah, but I'm not playing your game cos it's stupid. That's my point.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3013 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Cos it's stupid? Perhaps you should write a children's script.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
The adventures of Bob Sandwich is already available in paperback.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2555 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Gangster names appropriate for a Goodfellas type film... where the surname of the character is a food stuff... let me see...

I'm afraid I'm with George on this one... it's too stupid an idea to bother with.

Maybe stupid is too harsh though so let me take another look.... it's a premise that's not connected with anything other than itself and so as an exercise it doesn't relate to anything other than the self referential premise of listing characters for a Goodfellas sort of film.... Yeah... sorry but it's not an idea full of wit, charm and creativity.

Let me see if I can demonstrate how un attractive an idea this is... here is a character name for someone who might work in a grocer's... Tommy carrots... lets all come up with other suggestions for character names of people who might work in a grocer shop...

Hold on... I've got a better idea...lets not.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2555 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Having just read my above post it comes across as rather mean spirited. That wasn't my intention and wasn't how I meant it to come across. I guess with these posts playfulness and tone often gets lost with just the naked written words. I think that maybe my hackles were starting to rise at the thought of this becoming yet another game thread type thing.

So my apologies to Rizzo.... and Lenny Linguini, Barry Bolognese, Colin Cannelloni and Auntie Pasta all send their regards.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I borrowed a name my cousin used during his radio work in college.(from the 60's)

Nikoli Garbonzo
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Last name with food (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL