The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » No goals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
It's a video discussion in case that wasn't clear.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2667 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
That was good Scott. Thanks.

Good to see Leo still 'finding' his goals. Smile

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
I disagree, I recommend to read the works of viktor frankl (true inspiration of my life),

he was a psychiatrist and a nazi concentration camp survival, he talks a lot about the importance of finding a meaning in life,
I remember him writing that the people who managed to survive the concentrations camp were people who were orientated towards the future, people that could not find a meaning just couldn't make it.

don't know if goal and meaning are the same, hopefully what I wrote is related and make's sense.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Relentless focusing on the future can rob from us the joy of the present.

"Meaning" and "purpose" can be distinct from "goal" or "outcome". Or they can be very much related. The relationship would depend upon how we define the terms and what our goals may be.

I am very much goal oriented but I also try to balance that by remembering to focus on the present and all the joy that can be gained by it. Why make a million dollars but be poor in the experience of life?

I can see why being future oriented would be useful in a horrible circumstance such as the example you present. But what if you were so focused on building your business that you forget to spend time with your kids?

Is "meaning" in accomplishing a goal or in experiencing life to the fullest every single day?

No hard answers here but, rather, something to be considered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » No goals (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL