The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Professor Rem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jerry Remenicky had a severe stroke 4 months ago, and he died this morning at 5:30 am Jerry was a dapper fun loving guy that hosted most of the SAM 4, and IBM 6 events for as long as I can remember. All the magicians in the tri-state Philadelphia area have lost a good friend today.

RIP Jerry
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I'm real sorry to read this.
Al, thank you for letting us know.

Tony
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Sorry to hear this also. I am sure he is doing Orgami with Bob Harbin as we write.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
It's terribly sad, of course; Jerry was one of those people who, if you couldn't get along with him, you needed to look in the mirror to figure out why. A class act, and wonderful person in every sense of the word.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
RIP Jerry.
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
Professor Rem was a great friend, teacher and mentor. He's one of a small group that helped guide my magic, and personal life to be what it is today. He ALWAYS made time for people and went the extra mile (even if it meant driving you home 45 minutes past his house from an IBM meeting) He will be greatly missed.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
RIP Professor. You were always willing to spend time with other less experienced magicians -- you are missed.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
We gave Professor Rem and Jimmy Ray a Broken Wand ceremony last night at IBM Ring 165. Rem was 71, and has 5 children.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Jerome Paul Remenicky – Funeral Arrangements

Viewing
Note there are 2 scheduled times for viewing
1. Friday January 6th from 4:00pm - 9:00pm
2. Saturday January 7th from 12:00pm - 1:00pm

Place:
Murray-Paradee Funeral Home
601 W. Rte. 70
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Phone: 856-429-8020

Service Information
Saturday January 7th at 1:30pm
344 Kresson Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Interment Private

Donations
The family requests in lieu of flowers donation to The American Heart Association.
Dennis Michael
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm booked Friday night, but I'll be there Saturday.

Professor Rem was a very young 71 year old man.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Jerome P. Remenicky

Jerome P. Remenicky, age 71, of Sewell, on December 31, 2011.

Survived by Clare Remenicky, Devoted father of Greg Remenicky, Kate Finn, Ilona Remenicky, Ben Remenicky and Gus Remenicky. Loving grandfather of 12 grandchildren. Dear brother of James Remenicky and Susan Koch.

Visitation Friday 4-9 p.m. and Saturday 12-1 p.m. at Murray-Paradee Funeral Home, 601 W. Rte. 70, Cherry Hill followed by a Memorial Mass Saturday 1:30 p.m. at Holy Eucharist RC Church, 344 Kresson Road Cherry Hill. Interment Private. The family requests in lieu of flowers donation to The American Heart Association .
Dennis Michael
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
Just home today from Scotland and deeply saddened to hear the news. I only knew him from meetings at the ICBM where he always went out of his way to be friendly. Each year, he would supply me with samples of his exquisite dollar bill origami and was forever finding listeners to hear my story of 'The Long Black Fingernails and the Big Red Lips!'

He was a true gentleman in every way and I shall miss him.

Leslie.
Stories....?....That's telling!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The follow was written by one of Jerry's Closest Friends and Partner for 13 years.

Professor Rem aka Jerry Remenicky 1940 - 2011

On the 31st of December 2011 at 5:30 AM, award winning, professional magician, Jerry Remenicky aka Professor Rem, died from complications cause by a massive stroke.

By his own admission he was born on Houdini’s birthday, March 24, 1940 across from the Bethlehem Steel Plant in Lackawanna, N.Y. 11 minutes after his twin brother Jimmy arrived on the scene.

Jerry & Jimmy got their start in magic the mid 1950’s when they visited the famous magic shop of Gene Gordon. Jerry was a member of the IBM Jr. Ring 12 in Buffalo NY and joined the IBM ring #165 in Woodbury (now in Collingswood) NJ in 1985. He was sponsored by Gene Gordon and June Harowitz.

Both Jerry and his twin brother Jimmy chose the name “Professor Rem” as their stage name. They always argued about WHO was the REAL Professor Rem! To this day no one really knows for sure!

The Remenicky brothers made their first appearance on stage at the 1958 I.B.M. convention assisting Gene Gordon. Gordon used them in a gag claiming he was going to do a cut and restored rope trick but forgot the rope. Jerry brought the rope on stage. As Jerry walked off and barely made it into the wings, Gordon told the audience he also forgot his scissors. Just as Jerry exited from the stage, out walked Jim from the other side of the stage with the scissors, leaving people wondering how one person could have gotten from one side of the stage to the other so quickly. He’s been performing on stage ever since.

Jerry was the first 3 time president of SAM Assembly #4, and has served as president and vice president to several magic clubs in NJ, PA & DE. He was one of the first attendees at Fechter’s annual magic gathering. In 2009 he was selected as Dean of SAM Assembly #4 in Philadelphia. He won the assembly’s prestigious Hopkin’s Award.

He has been a member of several magic clubs including the IBM, SAM, MAES, Delaware Knights of Magic, Sorcerers in Atlantic City NJ, and most recently KIDabra in Atco NJ. He led the Society of Young Magician in Burlington County for several years. He also taught briefly at Marist College in Poughaeepsie NY and then at Bishop Eustace High School in Pennsauken NJ for 21 years.

His career as a professional magician placed him in front of major corporate events, grand-openings, community days, retirement parties, township days, holiday parties, school events, private parties and many many more.

He will be missed by many, for too short were his days amongst us. We will miss his smile, we will miss his humor, we will miss his magic and most of all I will miss my friend, Jerry.

mary i

-----------
-Dennis
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP Professor Rem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL