The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Card Monte -- New Sleights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RupertAngier
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of RupertAngier
Three Card Monte routinely features
-The Throw
-Switching a bent corner (the usual way)
-The Mexican Turnover (optional)

Would you happen to know of other sleights that can be used in a standard game of Three Card Monte? A couple exotic ones can be found on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNFTf6net......pp_video
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The School for Scoundrels DVD on Three Card Monte
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of luvisi
The SFS work is excellent. SFS also maintains a wiki with a good bibliography that has an extensive three card monte section, with references including all sorts of odd and unusual approaches. See http://scoundrelswiki.com/ScoundrelsBibliography

Andru
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Some of the sleights shown in the video are the Flip, Flip Forward, and Flip Change, all of which are taught in the Scoundrels book on the monte. Also the Buckle, Flustration Count, and other moves can be useful, as well as switch outs of the cards as in the pencil dot ruse, and a Flip Forward change for a pencil or lipstick marked card.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Pop-

I have a shelf full of magic DVD's and consider yours the very best of them all! Anyone who really wants the inside skinnies on 3CM should consider this a must!! Thanks to you, Chef and all who made this exceptional product. And thanks also that you don't charge a thousand dollars (which it is worth) for it. I think the OP could do no better than to get this at once...

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3212 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks for your kind comments, Jim.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1622 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Did anyone see "The Mentalist" last night ? Jane explained the hype and the pulse trick.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Three Card Monte -- New Sleights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL