The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glass Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
Hi guys,

I need to produce a full tumbler glass (whiskey glass), I thought of producing it like David Stone produces his bottle (Splash bottle). But this production doesn't really satisfies me. Drink up by Chris Smith also doesn't fit my style.
I thought someone of you could give me a little idea or just a thought-provoking impulse.
Maybe a production from a newspaper would be a good idea? Is there a method which provides this? I am open to any new ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
490 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Maybe a production similar to the production at the end of a chop-cup-routine is possible.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Stage? Parlor? Close-up? What do you wear? Opening trick? Need more information.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The now defunct magic company from England called Repro magic once marketed a dual whiskey glass production from a men's hankerchief. It was a bold production and a real fooler.

It went like: Show a men's hanky between the hands, shake and show both sides. Ask if anyone has a nickel. Say, never mind. Reach under the hanky which has been covering your hand the entire time, in full view. Reach under the hanky, pull out/produce a stemed small glass of whiskey, hand it to a person, now reach under the hanky and produce a second small stemed glass of liquid. You can perform this standing up with a crowd of people completely surrounding you.

Another good whisky vanish and production is Abbott's Magic trick, called "Squash". You have a whiskey glass on the table. Cover with your hand, slap the table with the other hand, and the glass of whiskey vanishes. Step back, reach down behind your leg and produce the whiskey glass of liquid.

Then there was an old Ken Brooke trick, show a men's hanky and place a half dollar under the hanky. Place the hanky over a table and lift the hanky to reveal a glass of whiskey. I use this as a follow up to a Matrix coin routine.
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
Sorry I forgot, the production should work while I am standing.
I wear a jacket and I need it for close-up purposes.

Thanks wmhegbli your ideas sound very interesting, I'll have a look at them.
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Stevensmagic.com sells a terrific version.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
There is a wine/liquor production in the October 1966 issue of Genii, p 61. It's part of Charlie Miller's Magicana. If you have a subscription to Genii, you can access it through iGenii. It might meet your needs.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Dave Penn got a nice version of producing a glass of water from a borrowed jacket.
He shows it in his lecture that you can watch for free at Wizard FX TV http://88.208.208.169/
You have to be registered to watch.

Vidar
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I sent you an email.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
If your performing requirements allow for a shot glass production, Eugene Berger has one from a folded (flat) paper bag. It is done standing, close-up. Also, Bruce Cervon has a close-up production of a small stemmed wine glass. Both glasses are full.

Damian
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Hi Damian,

Have seen Eugene`s liquid in glass production and would like to know where it can be found.

Thanks,
John
Nothing is better than more.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-01-05 12:07, ropeadope wrote:
Hi Damian,

Have seen Eugene`s liquid in glass production and would like to know where it can be found.

Thanks,
John
It's now a part of his Chicago Tapes set, but was originally sold on video as Gourmet Close-up Magic, the trick is called shot glass surprise.
– Karl Germain
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
@ Mr. wmhegbli I did a research on the internet, but unfortunately I could only find the effect by Abbott. The other two I couldn't find. Could you send me a demo or the site where it could be found?

@ Mr. Biro, what is the effect called on stevensmagic.com?

@ viler, what is the name of the effect by Dave Penn?

@ Damian Where can the production by Eugene Burger be found?

Thanks guys for the great help!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Matt,

Here's where the Burger production can be found:

It's now a part of his Chicago Tapes set, but was originally sold on video as Gourmet Close-up Magic, the trick is called shot glass surprise.

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/dvd-the......2112.htm

I think the glass might not be large enough based on what you told me.

Craig
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
This might be what Pete was referring to.

Stevens:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112072
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Matt,

This thread may also be helpful.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=8&11
– Karl Germain
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Motown: Yep, that was the item on Stevens. If that won't work nothing will. They show many variations. I also used to do the old wine glass under your armpit. Nothing simpler.
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
My problem is that I need to produce a glass like this (http://www.katom.com/largeproducts/075/075-5060u.jpg) and it should be filled, I think that is the problem I am having...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Glass Production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL