The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Volta-Blades (Electrified Swords on stage) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Somebody told me that there used to be a stage presentation where the illusionist and his assistant engaged in Swordplay. Whenever the Swords would parry or clash, the blades would send off sparks. As explained to me, the Swords are hooked up to a circuit-box which is hidden beneath the floor and that its wires run inside the performer's sleeve and are plugged into the Swords. Is this kind of act still being done? For that matter, do any of you use it?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
I don't know if anybody is doing this theatrical effect nowadays.
But he answers to your question you can find in Hopkins: MAGIC - Stage illusions, Special effects and Trick photography.
I think it's not difficult to find a copy of this classic.
cc-magic
View Profile
New user
las vegas
80 Posts

Profile of cc-magic
Here's a pretty cool video with sparks flying as the swords hit. They don't seem to be hooked up to anything electrical. See if you can get in touch with the poster of the video...he may have some answers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Mjy0_xX6Y

Good luck.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
That is a cool video Charles! I'm pretty sure you can get swords used in theatrical presentations, etc. that do that... If I remember correctly, Jonathan Pendragon talks about them in his DVD containing their Sword Basket routine. Otherwise, I know he is a sword expert and could probably point you in the right direction.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Volta-Blades (Electrified Swords on stage) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL