The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
If I have the The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes would it be worth it to get Jeff McBride's Art of Card manipulation?
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Nope, many of Jeff's techniques are just wrong. Especially the armspreads and springs. If you already have the EOPCF, you are good to go!
slick
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of slick
If what you are looking for is flourishes then Jerry's book is all you really need.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
From searching around in the forum, lots of people had good comments about the dvd set. And also looking at the preview for the dvd, I see things that are not in the book, what gives?
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
If you are into Flourishes and I think you are Smile

Then I would get the McBride DvD's . Jeff is a good teacher and gives alot of good sound advice. So if you have the Cash I would say Get the DVD's.

Smile
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I have both and I prefer the dvds. Jeff is a great teacher and he shows many types of card productions that are not in the book. If you don't care about color changes, manipulations, productions, etc. then I would just stay with the book but if you want to learn how to produce cards, split fans, etc. then I would urge you to go with Jeff's AoCM dvds. I love them so much that these are some of the only videos (along with the ETMCMs) that I will purchase on dvd to replace my vhs copies.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Yo,

It doesn't matter Jef or Jer is better teacher, thing that we are talking about is Flourishes, that's the title, guys let concentrate on it.

Mc Bridge is a magician doing Back Palm Production.
Jer is a flourisher. The title is Flourishes.

The BOOK is for you.

Peace,

Bone.

Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
McBride is mostly stage manipulation. If you want flourishes go with Jerry, or ask bone for some info. I think he is the best flourisher( other than jerry and de'vo and some others in the ulmen trials).
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I agree. Bone is DA MAN!
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Bone uses mostly Tudors stuff, with a few Superhandz material inbetween. The fan in Bone's picture is from De'vo, and going to be on his new DVD (Cradle to Grave) which is going to be HOT!!! The flourish book is the best complete reference you could ever hope for! De'vo's DVD is going to rock the house! McBride for magic, De'vo and Jerry for flourishes all the way!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Flourishes (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL