The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » 2012 Stars of Tomorrow Show - S.A.M.. National Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Imagine yourself performing on a stage in Las Vegas! It can happen, if you’re hired to perform at the 2012 S.A.M. National Convention in Las Vegas.

The S.A.M. is looking for young magicians to perform in the 2012 Stars of Tomorrow Show, a professional stage show that features magicians ages 7 through 17. The convention takes place July 23-26 at the Golden Nugget, 129 East Fremont St., in Las Vegas.

To audition, you must submit an application that includes a video, DVD or YouTube link of the stage act you will perform in the show; a biography; and a photo of yourself for the convention program. Your act should be 5-10 minutes long. Pyrotechnics may not be used.

We will select up to six acts for the show, plus an emcee. If you’d like to apply for the emcee position, please include a sampling of introductions, jokes and emcee bits in your video. Each performer will be paid and will receive two free convention registrations (one for the performer, another for a parent or guardian), plus a year’s membership in the Society of Young Magicians.

The deadline for receiving applications is April 20, 2012. You do not have to belong to the S.Y.M. or the S.A.M. to apply.

For information and an application form visit http://www.magicsym.com and click on the “Stars of Tomorrow” graphic. You also may contact me at 203-689-5730 or at [email]afuntime@comcast.net[/email].

Good luck!
See you in Vegas!

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow Show, 2012
Dal
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
124 Posts

Profile of Dal
STARS OF TOMORROW TO SHINE IN LAS VEGAS

The curtain will rise at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, July 25, on the S.A.M. Stage at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas as seven young performers ages 12- 17 will appear in the 2012 “Stars of Tomorrow” Stage Show at the 2012 S.A.M. Convention. Nearly 30 young magicians applied for a spot in the show, which has become one of the most popular events at the annual convention. Here are the young performers from both the U.S. and abroad:

Sebastian Joel Zaraz Guarino, “Mago Sebak,” 12, from Buenos Aires, Argentina;
TJ Ketchmark, 15, Brookfield, Illinois;
Terashima Youri, “YOURI,” 14, from Saitama-Ken, Japan;
Nicholas Lee, “Magic Nick,” 17, Cambridgeshire, England;
Oliver Dodd, 17, Needham, Massachusetts;
Christopher Quinteo, “Quintero,” 17, Cocoa, Florida.
Whitney Adams, 13, of Beaverton, Oregon; (Emcee)

For a complete schedule of events see http://www.magicsam.com/
Dal Sanders International Comedy Magician and Illusionist Based In Dallas, TX

The Society of American Magicians Past National President
M.I.M.C.*
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I just worked two shows in Canton, Oh with TJ Ketchmark. He was absolutely professional in every way. I think it will surprise some of the old timers how good this young man is. I expect the rest of the group to be on par with TJ. This show is always one of the brightest spots of the convention.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Aidan G
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Aidan G
WOW is that a yearly thing? Be cause if that is I want to at least apply to audition. Im gonna look into that because I'm 11 right now but next summer id be 12 thx for the info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » 2012 Stars of Tomorrow Show - S.A.M.. National Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL