The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Water from above history? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
I really love the water from above premise. I just purchased the new bowls that just came out . I'm looking for any books on the effect, anything based on presentation ideas and history. Thank you
peace.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Do these new bowls work alright?
Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
They seem to work OK. I don't have any experience using them, and have not used any other , so I can't compare. I thought they would be a bit larger than theY actually are. I can't find any others at the moment though. If you know where to get larger sizes let me know. I will be keeping this effect with me for the rest of my life I know that for sure.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Its very cool when performed right. jeff McBride does the best performence of it.
todd
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
I've got those chinese bowls, they work fine.
although crappy craftsmanship, typical of chinese.
They are about half the size of McBrides bowls.
I used them all last year starting in April
had fun all summer/fall
Gypsyprince12
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Gypsyprince12
Your right Duaut, they are made pretty crappy. I have some rust on mine,dings and dents too.
Don't wanna complain too much because I can't make 'em at the moment.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
McBride does not use trick bowls.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I think the first mention of this was a Sam Sharpe book but not sure.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 18:14, Powermagic wrote:
I think the first mention of this was a Sam Sharpe book but not sure.

Ssshhh Sharpe is a closely guarded secret ;-) I don't know if Sharpe's is the first mention but he does cover it in one of his books

To the best of my knowledge McBride and Rocco don't use gimmicked bowls (If you haven't seen it check out Rocco's work with the "water from above" routine)

I have the miracle water bowls mentioned here and have found a nice use for them. However I don't know if they are the answer for doing the "water from above" routine you are interested in. You could but for all the time invested in doing it with those bowls and for the "smaller" return it might be worth the time and effort to track down the Sharpe book and see his work on it. There is another book which shares information on this routine but it is not coming to mind right now

McBride and Rocco perform the piece beautifully, both in their own styles. It is something I've long been interested in. Takes a lot of acting ability
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You'll find some non-gimmicked bowl methods in my "Rice Bowls - Past and Present" in my Mini-Mysteries section, Book 2. Easy to make with any size bowl and easy to perform.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
From what my friend told me, it is only a one page mention in the Sharpe book. I am not sure how much you really learn from it. It will remain a secret to most since that book is not cheap if you find it. So most wlll not even venture that far.

I have only seen one video on the water from above bowls and it is pretty bad so could not make a judgement if the bowls are worth it.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
I have the Sharp book, it does not go in any detail about water from above. none, nothing, nada.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
And some would like that statement to be thought of as true Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Water from above history? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL