The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » US Debt Now Larger Than GDP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 12:22, Dannydoyle wrote:

Does anyone think that spending more than we take in is a good thing? Seriously. No spin no bull. Can we sustain the path?

IMO, ideally it should cycle ... save / pay down the debt in good times, spend / draw on reserves during the bad.

A History of Surpluses and Deficits in the United States:

http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of-def......ates.php

"In the last 69 years, the U.S. government has managed to post 12 surpluses, with the most recent coming in 2001. The largest uninterrupted stretch of surpluses came between 1920 and 1930. This eventually came to an end after the government spent billions of dollars combating the Great Depression. The largest uninterrupted stretch of deficits came between 1970 and 1997."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Deficate ok. But this seems unsustainable. I don't know.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Quote:
I'll never forget how we all stood there and cried when we heard what happened in Dallas.

Then they got Bobby and then Martin Luther King, Jr. and things got very dark. But many of us will never forget that "one brief shining moment" that defined a generation.

I've been away, Bob, and didn't have a chance to weigh in on these recollections of November 22nd. I was 10, and indeed it was an unforgettable weekend. It has always seemed to me that JFK's killing divided a golden, honey-hued era from the harsh conflict of the later '60s and beyond . . . but that probably has as much to do with the differences between a young child's worldview and an adolescents, as with the actual events.

I'm not sure what you mean by "they got Bobby and then Martin." (I would have thought you might have added Malcolm X to the list, too.)

Who are "they?"

Jack Kennedy weas killed by a marxist-leninist; Bobby Kennedy was killed by a jihadist; Malcolm X was killed by Black Muslims loyal to The Honorable Elijah Muhammad; Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was killed by a career criminal.

Again, who are "they"?

(It is interesting that JFK and MLK are 2 of the only 3 assassinated public figures killed by rifle fire [the 3rd is Judge John Wood].There are dozens and dozens of other public figures in the world who were assassinated, or who survived assassination attempts, all with small arms at close range.)

Have a nice weekend.

W.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Woland-

Just a generic "they." I would agree with you as to the identities of the assassins. I'm not a conspiracy buff.

No, I wouldn't have included Malcolm X on the list. I didn't care for him then or now. Far too divisive a figure. Rather than bringing people together, he seemed to put a wedge between them. He didn't deserve to be shot, though.

Good thoughts,

Bob
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I like Malcolm X. His beliefs evolved as he learned. It's a shame that he was killed just as he was starting to move away from his earlier extremist views.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Can I ask why this fact about the US financial situation is so important to people here?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
“Jack Kennedy was killed by a marxist-leninist” yes he probably was, who is probably a marxist-leninist international banker today running the USA.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:07, tommy wrote:
“Jack Kennedy was killed by a marxist-leninist” yes he probably was, who is probably a marxist-leninist international banker today.

Even those who believe that Kennedy's assassination was a conspiracy would have trouble accepting that.

Virtually all of the people who could have been involved are no longer among the living.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-13 18:45, kambiz wrote:
Can I ask why this fact about the US financial situation is so important to people here?

Kam

Because many of us see it as an important issue in the US at the moment.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
That depends on what you mean by involved.

Have you seen this one........just for example?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Tommy-

You specifically stated that the person who killed Kennedy was probably a Marxist-Leninist banker today. I simply stated the obvious - whoever killed Kennedy, if you don't believe it was Oswald, is most likely just as dead. (Kennedy himself would have been 95 this year if he was still alive.)
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:19, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

Kam

Hahahaha, Bob you can't answer my question with components of the question itself lol

I asked WHY is it important? How does it impact you on a daily basis?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The one who paid for the bullets will not be blamed for nothing.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:55, tommy wrote:

Is it your contention that Jack the Ripper killed JFK?
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:51, kambiz wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:19, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:

Kam

Hahahaha, Bob you can't answer my question with components of the question itself lol

I asked WHY is it important? How does it impact you on a daily basis?

Kam

Didn't think I'd get away with that. Smile

A lot of people seem to think that the US financial situation is somehow impeding job creation. Personally, I don't see the connection, but many do.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-13 20:12, critter wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 19:55, tommy wrote:

Is it your contention that Jack the Ripper killed JFK?

Sounds like he thinks it's the Freemasons or the Illuminati.

Tin foil must be on sale this week.

:eek:
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile No I think that was Oswald.

Getting back to the GDP. The USA can not compete with China, so stop playing with them. All they will do is drag the USA down to their level of living.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I believe that the debt within the Fed and States has directly impacted those who rely on disability assistance and unemployment insurance though. Not going to argue with those who believe those programs shouldn't exist.
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The bankers are getting all the assistance they need. Even the ones outside the USA are getting assistance from the USA. Where did you think they were getting the dough from to bail out the banks in Europe?

Tommy
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Thanks, Bob. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the same "they" we were discussing in the other thread . . . .

I understand your reservations regarding Malcolm X. But I think his murder was one of those that contributed to the atmosphere of the 60s. I would also add the attempted assassination of George Wallace, although that happened in 1972. Certainly the assassinations of Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr. in 1968 were important events in that eventful year - that was the year of the May revolution in France, of the "Prague Spring" and the Soviet Union's invasion of Czechoslovakia, the "Tet Offensive," riots in Baltimore, Washington, and Chicago, and the riot at the Democratic Party Convention in Chicago, the Tlatelolco massacre in Mexico City, the near assassination of Andy Warhol, Tommie Smith and John Carlos demonstrating at the Mexico City Olympic Games, the marriage of Jackie Kennedy and Aristotle Onassis, and the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in China was fully underway.

W.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » US Debt Now Larger Than GDP (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL