The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
smarke
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of smarke
What a pleasure it is to deal with a person like Chris Smith at Magicsmith. I received a unit (Ignition) from Chris with a slight imperfection, emailed him and asked if it was possible to fix the problem instead of sending the unit back. Instead of waffling and trying to make excuses, he told me he was sending me a new unit – which he was going to inspect personally – and he was sorry the one I received had slipped through the inspection process.
Chris, you are a shining example of what customer relations should be.
Thank you,
Barry
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I absolutely adore this effect, and it's been hanging on my key chain ever since I purchased it. I have to say, though, that one would do well to observe carefully Chris's tips on not losing your Ignition gimmick. Due to repeated performance, I've now lost mine TWICE! This isn't a problem with the effect itself so much a function of my own clumsiness, but there is a small piece you will need to carry around seperately, and it will take some thinking to find a spot where it can't accidentally be lost.

Luckily, as others have mentioned, Chris is very kind and accommodating in a customer service situation. I hope to keep carrying this effect around for years!

Now - what's this "Pimp my Ignition" business?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
If you have a card holder in your wallet; that is not on top of your credit cards; that is where I would keep the gimmick.

I keep a card holder on my bill side and have never lost it. It stays there just fine and you can tilt you wallet as you are looking for a bill, (while they look too), and drop it out into your hand.
The only way I could lose mine is if I dropped it performing, (Unlikely), or carried my wallet upside down, (Easier to have happen, but not if you pay attention).

As for the "Pimp My Ignition" effect, if you send me a photo of your complete Ignition, I will send you a link to the video (My contact is in this thread multiple times already, plus additional info).

As well, a new video is being edited and will go up this week that ensures everyone will be able to make the hole visibly mend without the shaking; just a wave of the hand.

All of this will eventually move to the Ignition DVD around November. But for now, you can contact myself for the link.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
The mending bit of "PMI" is on hold for a moment until I can ensure it is 100%. It looks great when it works, but that is the issue. Until then I offer this:
I have been just pulling my gimmick under my thumb as I lightly shake the bill. With the signature and circle it looks and works great this way.
(I do it on a 3 count)
Then you clean up the same way.
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
299 Posts

Profile of Agaton
Brought this over to a convetion we had here last weekend and Ignition totally fooled magicians who are expecting the "same old, same old." Totally love this gimmick!
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
It has been pointed out that my e-mail is hard to find, again. It is loki.kross@live.com
Thanks, and I apologize if it was hard to find. Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Thank you lokikross for a great idea. The video looks great. Cant wait to try out the new way to perform this.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thank You, Mr Effecto!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I received the video link from Loki. I'm not sure if I'll use this or a pen through bill mod. I saw on Reel Magic a while back. Loki's work gives a better effect in my opinion, but needs a bit more care with the handling.
Massive credit to Loki for taking the time and trouble to film this in detail (and sharing). Definitely a 'magician helping magicians'
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thank You Puggo. I appreciate your feedback. Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I have received some e-mails about seeing my work on this , before making a purchase of Ignition. Which is not possible due to the deal I made with Magic Smith.

To those, I would like to once again say that Ignition inspired my thinking on this project. I had Ignition only for a few weeks before I built PMI and shared it with Chris Smith. I realize it will work with other systems, and eventually I will develop it to where I can make a separate whole product out of this. But for now, it is linked to Ignition. So I can only suggest that you get Ignition, because it is an exceptional product. (As I have stated earlier)

I have filmed a simple demo of what it would look like to perform Ignition with my PMI gimmick. With an overhead of what the vanish looks like.

It is unlisted as I do not want to put a performance of Ignition public, until I have a better camera-person.
I am currently without anyone with any real experience.

If you would like a link to it, just send an e-mail to loki.kross@live.com and I will send you a link.

That should help with any additional questions about how these will work together, or what it is, (PMI).
As for Ignition, you should watch the Demo currently offered by MS.

Thank you, and I hope this helps. Smile
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
After extended viewing and several e-mails, it has become clear that I am not exposing anything Ignition related in my demo video.

So instead of having to e-mail me, you can just watch the demo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjdFviyHsKk

This way you can see what added benefits PMI brings to Ignition, and basically all bill penetrations.

To get the tutorial, you will still have to send a pic of your Ignition, as they are still connected.

I hope this brings a whole new group of magicians to this great combo. Smile

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, They are appreciated.

LokI
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Ran into a magician friend of mine at dinner last night who performed Ignition. I have to admit...I was fooled.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I purchased Ignition recently & love using it. & with the new Skycap I just bought, I use Ignitions (signed) bill penetration, then roll that into Skycap's bill penetration into water bottle for my / a different version of a "healed & sealed" presentation....

I do like LukI's idea/routine of PMI to add into Ignition !! Sent a pic email for your PMI tut LokI - Thank you.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thanks for the pics guys! The video links have been sent!

LokI
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is another of my handling's for Ignition, I often combine this with Bag4Life which can be found on mine, Mark Bendell's and Lee Smith's DVD 'The Unknown' which is put out by RSVP Magic. If using this with Bag4Life just have the key and the coin in the bag to start.

This was uploaded and filmed on a mobile as part of mine and Mark Bendell's 'The Mobile Sessions'

http://youtu.be/0JqnG5gNsLQ

More ideas and handling's to follow!

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
rramasamyy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of rramasamyy
Just received Ignition yesterday. Still trying to get the movements down smoothly. This trick is amazing! Love it!
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
Brilliant thinking by Gary and a lovely follow up to Bag4Life. That's going straight into the set - nice one mate!

Ignition has to be one of the top items from 2012, highly recommended.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I got this not too long ago and every single time it just absolutely kills. Goes right over everyone.

I follow it up with some effects that, personally, I think are better but every time I ask my spectators which they preferred they usually say Ignition.

The audience has spoken...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I also like the idea of using it as follow up to bag4life, but I'm torn because I also really like the idea of using a borrowed bill.
I believe that using their bill means they have some skin in the game and is a more emotional hook.
Whereas using the small bag seems to make it more like a "little magic trick" and perhaps not as memorable. I can't see the spec really having an emotional investment in the little bag. But then again, I like bag 4life very much and it gets a very good reaction.
Guess I'll just have to try it out and judge for myself. There are certainly a lot of performance ideas after just performing a penetration with the bag and they are inspecting it for holes. Seems to lead right into Ignition.
But thanks so much for sharing the bag idea, it may turn out to be a winner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 5.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL