The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beavers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Interesting information here:

http://www.humanwildlife.org/species/beaver.htm

May make you want to reconsider the idea...
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
You should research the natural habitat of a beaver. They travel far and live in wonderful dams in rivers. A beaver deprived of such an environment is just that, deprived. No matter how much love and kibble you give them, you can never give them such an environment unless you live on a fenced-in river.

The average beaver weighs 40-60 lbs, but they can grow to be 100 lbs (45 kilos). Beavers have a highly organized social structure. They need a spouse and family, which feeds their soul with happiness. Unlike most humans, they mate for life. Beavers also have musk, a smelly oil they produce from their glands through which they mark their turf. They need these glands to stay healthy. (I see you are a birthday party magician, so I am wondering how many parents will welcome a stinky 60 lb beaver into their home.)

Beavers need to eat aquatic plants and lush tender green shoots of terrestrial plants to stay healthy. Beavers poop falls apart like sawdust and they need to eat the one soft poop pellet they make daily to stay healthy.

You should call a zoo and find out just how much a beaver requires to thrive. Certain animals need so very much that they need to remain in their natural environment to be happy and healthy.

The Axtell Beaver sounds like the perfect answer, instead of spending many hours a day providing for your beaver and his/her family out in your backyard river.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Birthdays actually make up only 25% of my business. I perform well over 300 shows a year and travel all over central Canada. I would not be bringing the beaver into peoples homes. Thank you all for adding information.

Every animal needs specific requirements however that doesn't mean they cant be used. There are people that have pet skunks for instance which is also an option for me. I will continue to do my research and keep looking for breeders
joderijck
View Profile
New user
Belgium
14 Posts

Profile of joderijck
The best advice, buy all you can from Bob Bailey on clicker training. If you want to work with wild animals even hand fed you need to know enough about training technics!
Trics you can do: pleny of choice I think, everything for tigers or cats just made smaller or bigger: fire case, tip over trunk, doves to beaver... Buy a group and good housing + give enough toys and food searching stuff during the day or you might vanish some fingers soon Smile

Who else has exotic animals he works with? I used to have a hedgedog and skunk but it became illegal to own exotic pets in Belgium.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
You can name your beaver Justin
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
FYI on Insurance

Specialty Insurance Agency, who handles the insurance for C.L.O.I. now will now cover you if you use a rabbit or dove.

When I first started with them, all animals were excluded, but they send me a letter stating that using a rabbit would alright and I would still be covered. Now they list rabbit and dove use as no longer excluded. That reminds me need to update my budget to include 2012 insurance cost.

"Magician’s are now approved to use a rabbit &/or dove during their performance."

http://www.specialtyinsuranceagency.com/......2011.pdf
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Beavers? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL