The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE VAULT from Jamie D. Grant. A new deck protector and card guard. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I'm no mindreader (wait a minute...I am!), but I believe he meant "Chris," not "Sammy."
[/quote]

LOL Eric!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Card Mechanic
View Profile
Regular user
Should I have made
153 Posts

Profile of Card Mechanic
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 15:28, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 12:12, Card Mechanic wrote:
It sure would help if we were able to (delete) our posts. Sammy would have probably done that by now. Being able to (Like) a post is a great option was well. Hope these come to this Forum soon.

That being said, I (LIKE) the Vault!!!!!

Sammy?? Why would he want to delete his post? I must be missing something. Smile

Jim

I meant Chris :O)

Thanks for catching that.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2012-01-15 15:24, Chris wrote:
Jamie, congratulations to your vault. Looks cool and looks indeed a more protective design than the typical card guard.

I hope this is not inappropriate to mention here, but I have been thinking about a 'better card guard' for several years. I wrote about this in my newsletter. My own solution goes into a very different direction than your vault and the traditional card guard. My main problem with the standard card guard, and I am afraid your vault doesn't change that, is that it only works for a standard deck. It doesn't protect a deck that is short of cards and it also does not protect a deck that is loaded with additional cards. So unless you have your standard deck you are pretty much out of luck. My solution to this problem are the Shuber Plates. They give up a bit in protection but gain a huge amount in flexibility. One can protect anything from a single card up to two decks, plus a load of other possibilities and uses.

More on the Shuber Plates can be found here http://www.lybrary.com/shuber-plates-p-132659.html
How to make your own pocket card press with it you can see here http://www.lybrary.com/the-many-uses-of-......-17.html

Totally inappropriate post.
Terribly crass actually, very low brow.
Posting here, as you have makes you appear to be lacking in some extremely fundamental social (and internet) graces.
davidandstuff
View Profile
New user
Springfield, Mo
69 Posts

Profile of davidandstuff
Im looking forward to this. It seems strange and useful. It will certainly add to the wonder and bewilderment left on a spectator as they frustrate over what they just experienced with IR. Cool stuff, Jamie!

Chris- swing and miss with that post. Not winning.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 21:54, Card Mechanic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 15:28, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 12:12, Card Mechanic wrote:
It sure would help if we were able to (delete) our posts. Sammy would have probably done that by now. Being able to (Like) a post is a great option was well. Hope these come to this Forum soon.

That being said, I (LIKE) the Vault!!!!!

Sammy?? Why would he want to delete his post? I must be missing something. Smile

Jim

I meant Chris :O)

Thanks for catching that.

Sorry.... I do find myself in the occasional pedantic mood now and then... Smile

Jim
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Here's some updates!

I received some brass so we've got a final material prototype. Now I just have to carry it in my pocket for a month and see how it wears. In the meantime, we're working on metalworking the die (this is the expensive part) to make sure the dimensions are exact for each one. And then there's the finish (which is a surprise but will look awesome!!!)

Front
It's starting to look like a Vault now that it's in brass! I love the IR cutouts (even for just a regular deck!)

Back
Just enough space, via the thumb/index finger slot, to know which deck is on there, lol!

The Stand
Working on a table? It's fairly easy to stand up a prediction card!

I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see how it's wearing down (the material, not the deck. The deck test can't be done until the die is made).

Thanks for looking!

~jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
It's absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be getting one.
Well done, Congratulations,
Charle
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very very nice jamie I will be getting one also.
magicuncle
View Profile
Regular user
Elgin, IL
126 Posts

Profile of magicuncle
I got the IR from you at Live and love it. I will definitely be placing an order for a vault. My mind has already began to process some routines for standard decks too. This has possibilities!
Thanks againd Jamie for another fine product.

- Brian
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
....still waiting for my IR in the mail... (thumbs twiddling)...
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-01-19 23:40, sketchomagic wrote:

Lol, almost there. My next mail out should be the middle of next week. I'm actually super happy that we've always managed to get everything mailed out within two weeks of purchase. It's way harder than it sounds, lol!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Quote:
On 2012-01-20 01:42, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-19 23:40, sketchomagic wrote:

Lol, almost there. My next mail out should be the middle of next week. I'm actually super happy that we've always managed to get everything mailed out within two weeks of purchase. It's way harder than it sounds, lol!

Aha! No sweat Mr. Grant. I don't mind waiting for something this awesome. Thanks for the update though! Most appreciated! My B-day is next week actually on the 25th so no matter day it comes, I'm gonna celebrate the rest of the month once my IR arrives!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quick update! I'm happy with how the Vault is protecting the box! I'm not too sure how much it's keeping them flat (I know that's a priority for some) but it's doing the job I made it for rather well (stabilizing the box and looking cool!). Next step is to see if I can make the image on the brass look good (still a surprise as to what it's going to be).

Thanks for letting me show you guys this stuff! It's fun to be able to let people in on the process!

~jamie
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3098 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Saw the prototype this week.....this thing is bulletproof - literally, it can stop a bullet!

***QUALIFIER TO THIS POST***

Please note that firing a weapon at a deck of cards is not a good idea and should never be done, unless under the direct supervision of a camera crew, catering/food services, and at least a half-dozen magic consultants (oh, and only in Vegas). In other words, I got in a lot of trouble for testing my theory Smile
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Beautiful work here Jamie! I'm going to order two of them.
Here's to your continued success sir. Smile
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Very nice jamie
ill be ordering one also.
todd
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Very cool looking, but if it is used to house an IR deck isn't it just adding more weight to an already "hefty" prop?

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
This looks it will be another winner from JDG. Congratulations on providing yet another fine product to the magic community.

jeff
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 23:57, Sammy J. wrote:
Very cool looking, but if it is used to house an IR deck isn't it just adding more weight to an already "hefty" prop?

Sammy

Didn't get to edit this post because Jeff posted behind it immediately.

My comment was just regarding using it to house an IR deck. If not used for that, I see applications for it's use.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Hiya Sammy!

I originally designed it for those who have an IR and toss it in their bag (where it can bounce around a bit). Just as something cool to help protect the box, with the option of performing IR while it's still in the Vault. I love it so much, though, that I've been using it for my regular deck as well! I need to make some more prototypes, lol.

And our test to see if the paisley print would work on a brass plate came out so well today (this was our secret design)!! We did half brown/half black to see which one we like better before we try it on the prototype.

Which one do you guys like better?

Black is on the left/brown is on the right.

So excited,

jamie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE VAULT from Jamie D. Grant. A new deck protector and card guard. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL