The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE VAULT from Jamie D. Grant. A new deck protector and card guard. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 09:55, king2262 wrote:
Don't get me wrong I think it looks great ,just don't get why some would want to perform IR with this on?
Or maybe that's just me ...Smile

I agree. With the presentation I use it is important that the deck of cards just looks like a deck of cards.

I'm sure that someone like Steveline would be able to come up with a well thought out routine using the protector if he so decides.

I think I want one just because like Jamie's other offerings, this is a work of art.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
Quote:
On 2012-03-12 09:55, king2262 wrote:
Don't get me wrong I think it looks great ,just don't get why some would want to perform IR with this on?
Or maybe that's just me ...Smile

One doesn't need to do IR with is but it gives you that flexibility. Card guard, IR holder, table stand for predictions. Lotsa choices and a really cool design.

jeff
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
And if everything fails you can use it on top of your hat when sitting on the streets as a beggar asking the people to put money into the right or the left slot. Very stylish! Smile

Joke apart. This looks really beautiful. Well done Jamie!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
~every Vault will come in a small bag that looks like a Turkish rug, great to hold your quarter for your IR, or for display~

Very nice touch !
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
bobflyer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobflyer
Gorgeous!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I just love the small bag or pouch.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
743 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
It was really fun to read this thread and watch the progress. Thanks for sharing Jamie.

-shawn
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!

And what I'm loving about this thread (am I allowed to love my own thread, lol?!) is that (I hope) it really gives some insight into how much work goes into a creation. It kind of gives you a timeline of the last few months and, believe me, there's a lot that I haven't had time to write about!

So here's some more! This has to do with the advertising. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to be able to have such an amazing friend by the name of Sean Covernton. He's one of the greatest artists EVER and has helped me since day one. He drew the Industrial Revelation ad, as well as the one for the Anything Is Possible bottle:

So, next up, is the Vault. I tell people that I have no drawing skill whatsoever, but I always have a vision and am able to describe it really well. Luckily, Cov can turn that vision into a better reality than I ever imagine possible!

I knew that I wanted the tag line to be, "What would you do to protect the ones you love?" and that I wanted the cartoon character of myself to be taking the Queen of Hearts, Jack of Spades, and a few others by the hand- away from danger. It was too much, however, so we started with only having the Queen of Hearts...

We actually have a lot of the copy already; as the price circle, the title, and the ordering box would match the other ads. Next up was to somehow get the Vault into the picture. It made sense to turn it into an open door...

Now to see how it would fit onto the page...

This is the big push. Slots were added to the door (like the Vault), colour, a sash saying "The Queen of Hearts"- like Miss America, shortening the phrase to "Protect the ones you Love!"- a better call to act, and several hours of fine tuning. Oh yeah, and then Cov noticed that 48 thousand cents is actually $480, not $48. We actually spent an hour discussing which was funnier: "4.8 thousand cents", or "48 hundred cents", lol. Here's the final result...

Whew! So much work. A huge thank you to Cov for being so patient, "Hey, can we move the title up a point...no, back down...how about a squinch to the left...no, maybe back to where it was...oh wait, let's change her hair colour..." I can only imagine what I'm like to deal with, lol.

~Cov at work~

Okay, back to the shop!

My best,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Another amazing poster!
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Your friend does great work!
Here is his reel from 2009 on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8_qXg5R6Y

And his blog...
http://lantern-jack.blogspot.com/2012_03_01_archive.html
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Absolutely wonderful, Jamie! Thanks for walking us through the creative process- it was fascinating and entertaining. Yet another remarkable piece from the mind of Jamie D. Grant.

Everything you touch is golden.
bobflyer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobflyer
Very creative poster....eye catching, tells the story well and showcases the artists talents...well done Jaime!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

We didn't know that you are quite muscly, Jamie Smile

Love the brochure, hopefully you have enough of them for us here.
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
Well thought out and conceived in design and functionality. Not liking the fashion design look at all. Is it available wiithout the etching?
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

I'm pretty sure I'll release some different versions in the future, but for right now only the Damask is available...

And on that note:

The VAULT is now available to purchase for any of my previous clients! Hurrah! I'll make it available for everyone in a couple of days, but thought I'd give people who have supported me in the past a head start. So check your emails!

So excited,

jamie

P.S. Here's what the final shipped version looks like:

TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
And I just put in my order..... Maybe I was the first? lol!!

Looks great Jamie and can't wait to get it.... soooo excited!!

Judah
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Lol- you actually are!! That's awesome, lol!

The final pricing came out to $48 + $8 shipping anywhere in the world. I know that's not exactly cheap, but it's the price of handmade local craftmanship, I reckon. I truly hope people understand my decisions to always have things created in the place where you live.

Congrats Judah!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
882 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Whew... insomnia actually pays off sometimes..... That or I need to get a life..... Thanks Jamie!! I believe fully in having something made where you live and don't mind the price at all. I know it will be a QUALITY product and beautiful to boot... I believe this will be the dogs ******** of card protectors!!!! (to coin and English expression)

Rock on Jamie.... Can't wait to see what you come up with next....

Judah
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

I'd be the first one if only I wasn't having the Earth Hour! LOL. Maybe I'm the second? Just put my order in Smile

Thanks Jamie, it looks amazing, can't wait.

Oh, are you gonna design different colors in the future perhaps?
rhettbryson
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
550 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am not particularly a fan of the design on the holder. I am wondering if there is any plan for an anodized black Vault? I would buy one of those in an instant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE VAULT from Jamie D. Grant. A new deck protector and card guard. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL