The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Welcome to the Magic Café David! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3742 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As founder and manager I am very proud to welcome David Kaye as our very special GUEST OF HONOR for January 2012.

Thanks for taking the time to spend with us for the next seven days David, I know you are traveling and that time is in short supply. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
To Steve and all the people on the Magic Café, thank you for having me as your Chef Special for the month. It is a real honor.

Looking back at the previous Chefs over the years it looks as though I am the first children's magician to be asked to do this. Thanks and I am glad children's magic is getting recognized in this way on the Café.

I am in the Virgin Islands right now - part business and part vacation. I will be traveling back to NY on Tuesday, so Tuesday posts might be a little delayed.

Other than that, I am eager to get into the subject of magic for children. What's on your mind?

DAvid Kaye / Silly Billy
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Hi David, I am the proud owner of both your book and DVD and can say that both will be regarded as 'classics' on the subject of childrens entertainment. What are your views of the use of livestock, particularly rabbits, in kids shows?

Many thanks

Andy Hart
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1800 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
David, welcome to the Café! Thanks for giving us this time, especially during part of your vacation!

Best,

David
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
David...love to have you here! Looking forward to your insights and tips!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Thank you guys. Happy to be here.

Andy - I answered your question on a new thread.

david
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Hi, David. Jim here. Thanks again for saving my camera at the castle.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hello David. I did enjoy meeting you at Abbotts Get-Together last year in August in Colon, Michigan. You gave a wonderful lecture. It is pleasing to communicate with you here now.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2365 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2012-01-15 11:53, David Kaye wrote:
Looking back at the previous Chefs over the years it looks as though I am the first children's magician to be asked to do this. Thanks and I am glad children's magic is getting recognized in this way on the Café.

Although Mark Lewis is not exclusively a children’s performer, he was guest of honor last May and was easily the most popular guest of the year. I have no doubt your visit will be very popular as well.

Welcome, and thank you for taking your time to do this.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
I believe we met many, many years ago in NYC with my good friend, the late Carl Mellish (Polaris) http://carlmellish.com/ . I believe it was at the Javits Center. Continued success...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Hi David ~ thanks for comin on the Café to share your wisdom with us! Will you return to Hong Kong someday?
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
David- I have always looked forward to your spots in Reel Magic Magazine. You provide valuable information, history and presentation tips while also giving a more than fair share of laughs.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Hi David! I also look forward to your column in Reel Magic Magazine. You are very enjoyable. It is possibly my favorite column, even though I very seldom do magic for kids. I like it when you take an item and go into it in depth. I look forward to more of that type. My all-time favorite column is the one you did on mouth coils! You got me hooked...

-Nick
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Just wanted to jump in here and thank the last two posts for mentioning Reel Magic. If you don't know, Reel Magic is a dvd magic magazine. Usually about 2 hours, ten bucks. Lots of good information and entertainment. I do a column which means I do about 10 minutes of a video presentation. I am very proud of my work there. It is a fun change from the print medium of my 8 years at Magic Magazine.

Bob's post above expresses exactly what I am trying to achieve. I want to teach and make you laugh. And possibly expose you to ideas and routines you might not have considered from your out closeted props.

don't miss the outtakes at the end of the issues. Called Bloopers. Cause I make a lot of them!

Special announcement from me this week, right here on the Magic Café regarding my Reel Magic segments!
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
BTW David, http://www.yessillybillypleasesellmecrap.com is one of the best web adresses I have ever seen.
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Henri.

I love when people tell me that. Usually I hear, "I cant believe you actually bought that site!" But then I think, "I cant believe you actually tested it to see if I did." Ha! We both are warped!

Thanks for checking!
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7506 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I met you in Victoria, BC, Canada back in January or February 2006. After the magic lecture a few of us went out for beverages, too.

Thanks for your writings in the KIDabra Journal, MAGIC Magazine, your books, and your props. I've really appreciated your contributions to the world of magic.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
I remember Donald. Thanks you for your support.
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Welcome to the Magic Café David! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL