The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Turn it Around Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Hello David:

Thanks for your time! I'm a Big fan and as a regular performer I make the transition to Kid Show Magic only with your book!!!
I'm a BIG FAN of the turn it around column that you use to have in Magic Magazine.
Is there any chances to make a compendium of all the columns in a big book? Maybe with some extra stuff?

Thanks,
-Hansel
Puerto Rico
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
That's a great idea similar to The Conjuring Anthology. Better would be a dvd compilation of the best routines contributed. Like Josh Jays Talk About Tricks!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
WOW!!!!
"Turn it around" the Dvd...THAT'S A GREAT IDEA !!!!
-H
Follow Me...
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
I have to say, that dvd idea IS a great idea! Thank you Magic Bern. (btw, Bern is a great magician in Hong Kong whom I had dinner with on one of my visits there. Great idea!)

I am very proud to say that I have just started on the compilation book of my columns in MAGIC magazine. It will probably be at least a year to finish. But It will be a book with 104 routines from 85 magicians from 15 countries. It will be a massive, fantastic book. I am sure it will be named Turn It Around. Can you imagine a kid show book with 104 routines in it? With one book you can have 5 new one hour shows! I am very excited about this. But first I have to contact 85 magicians and get permission, a new bio, and a new photo.

And thanks to Bern, I am committing now to including a dvd of some of the routines!
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
David:
That good news! I don't know if you remember me.
I send you some photos of my first show only for kids (lamagiadehansel@gmail.com)
It was a great experience and now I make part of my living performing for kids!
Thanks for being an inspiration...
-Hansel
Puerto Rico
Follow Me...
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
David thank you for your kind acknowledgment. That dinner was memorable for many reasons and I am grateful for all the wisdom you shared and your generosity. Hope you can return to Hong Kong soon! I am humbled you like the DVD idea and Im sure all of us will learn so much from the combination of DVD and book! By the way, love your contributions to Reel Magazine and also that excellent session on the EMC 2011!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
David, perhaps you can do a top 10 tricks out of those 100 that's featured in your columns. You could hold a poll here on Magic Café and we can vote for our top 3 or 5 tricks -then you can get some idea of what your potential readers would like performed with the Silly Billy touch!

Most of us have kept the original columns and this poll will motivate us to go back and retread them. So it would be a win-win situation!
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
212 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Hi David,

I'm really looking forward to this book!

I don't do too many kid's shows anymore, but often turn back to your "Turn It Around" column for inspiration. I think it's a wonderful source for ideas on construction of routines and the presentation of stand-up magic in general.

Thank you so much for your work in assembling the column over the years, and thanks in advance for the book!
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Thanks guys! I thought most people forgot about the column. Great to hear that you remember it well. These are great ideas for the book. Will incorporate them. Thanks
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Turn it Around Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL