The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Inspirations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
A number of years ago I worked with a brilliant storyteller for six weeks, and it changed my performing style. I saw that he could entertain with nothing but his words and his talent, a good lesson to pick up.

Apart from magicians, are there any other forms of children's entertainment that have influenced your act and your approach?
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
I too am fascinated by storytellers. I have a very loud, fast, energetic style. Storytellers teach me that it is also possible to entertain children in a more slow, softer way.

Other forms of children's entertainment, I don't think I get inspiration from them. The two biggest influences in entertainment are: 1. adult magic. Watching someone do something completely new and original really gives me a thrill. It reminds me to do that same. 2. Stand up comedy. I learn a lot by watching, studying, and doing stand up comedy. Timing and joke structure can be learned by watching others. Even if their audience is made up of adults.
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » Inspirations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL