The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Postage and Shipping (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I've been shipping the Three Disk Monte for about six months now and I've had TWELVE orders not received and had to send out new orders.

Since I'm in Australia, shipping is already VERY expensive so I don't want to lump people with extra shipping costs by sending it in other ways.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.conman.com.au/disks
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Perhaps focus on specific trouble areas?
Are there any specific countries that are primarily the ones not receiving the packages?

I've seen internet sellers giving different, and very specific shipping instructions for different countries.......or refusing to ship to some countries completely.

Are you putting any text on the outside of the package that makes it look interesting?..........."The Honest Conman" or something like that........it's been a while since I got mine from you, and I can't recall what was on the package (if anything).

Unfortunately, as soon as you get into any sort of tracked package, the price for shipping seems to double.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The box is plain with 'DVD' as the contents for customs.

I think the problem might be with Australia Post as it seems to be all countries.
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
I would have contacted the postal inspector after the first few. That's just how I am.
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
You might want to offer the option of UPS delivery overseas. UPS provides world wide tracking and delivery confirmation.
Or you might simply want to stop using Australia post, given their unreliable track record. It may cut into the profit margin a bit more than standard post, but it will boost customer satisfaction, which will ultimately lead to more business.

Personally, I've been a seller on eBay for over 13 years, I've shipped large things (like guitars) and small things (CD's and coins) all around the world. In 13 years I've never had a package lost in the mail.

Of course things might be different from my perspective because in the USA postal delivery is a constitutional right (see Article 1, section 8, clause 7).

By the way,
I hope to receive my DVD and prop set soon.
Kevin Gardner
View Profile
Regular user
Richboro, PA
177 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gardner
I received my 3 Disk Monte DVD and prop set today.
Both the DVD and the props are excellent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Postage and Shipping (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL