The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » What makes you laugh? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Hi David,

So what makes you laugh? Who makes you laugh?

best wishes
Danny
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
I have to say, the questions this week have been varied and interesting. Another good one.

I am a big fan of stand up comedy. So I have my favorite comics. Louie c.k., Chris Rock, Kristen Schaal (if you don't know who she is, you will), Patton Oswalt. All are smart and push limits of what comedy looks like.

Of kid show magicians, Mike Bent destroys me. He gets away with stuff that I cannot possibly try. John Kimmons (Kimmo) the same. You would think his character would alienate the kids, but it has the exact opposite effect. They don't care what people think of it, they just do it cause it makes themselves laugh.

And in my show the thing that makes me laugh the most is when a child says something to me during the show and I ad-lib a response for the parents. The beauty is that the adults don't expect me to really answer the kid, and certainly not for their benefit. For example, I recently did a show for three year olds. During the show I asked the kids if they knew the story of The Three Little Pigs. One kid answered out loud, "Do you mean The Two Little Pigs?" I said,"Well that's the abridged edition."
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Thanks David,

I'll have to check out the stand ups. I certainly agree with your kids show magician's.

And now I want to hear the Two Little Pigs abridged version!
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » What makes you laugh? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL